Schaudt Elektroblock (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
It appears that my MH is fitted with a Schaudt Elektroblock EBL99K (perhaps with “ovp”).

Does anyone know what,if any, the advantage is compared to not having one? (What does it control/do?)

Thanks.

Happy Christmas to all.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
It appears that my MH is fitted with a Schaudt Elektroblock EBL99K (perhaps with “ovp”).

Does anyone know what,if any, the advantage is compared to not having one? (What does it control/do?)

Thanks.

Happy Christmas to all.
AFAIK, it controls all the supply from the electricity/battery to the various places within the Moho. Boiler, shower, lights etc.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Are you thinking of replacing it or removing it altogether? If the former I can't think why you'd want to, if the latter ... you won't then have any electrical services in your MH!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sciac2001
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Are you thinking of replacing it or removing it altogether? If the former I can't think why you'd want to, if the latter ... you won't then have any electrical services in your MH!

No fear! Me & techie stuff just don’t mix. I was hoping that it might be a super-duper battery booster or something exotic. It seems it’s just what it is...standard equipment.
Thanks.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
No fear! Me & techie stuff just don’t mix. I was hoping that it might be a super-duper battery booster or something exotic. It seems it’s just what it is...standard equipment.
Thanks.
It is a reasonably 'smart' charger in that it has everything needed to look after the leisure battery. It includes the split charge and fridge outputs needed when the engine is running, has an input for solar, connects with a battery monitor panel, and has fused supplies for all leisure equipment. How super duper exotic do you want?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks.
What MH have you got?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You've had a mh since 2003, you're long term European touring and now you ask the question?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You've had a mh since 2003, you're long term European touring and now you ask the question?
Doesn't necessarily mean that the MH now has the same kit as previous ones which I suspect is why the hope was that it was super duper unit.:)

OP
OP
sciac2001
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
It is a reasonably 'smart' charger in that it has everything needed to look after the leisure battery. It includes the split charge and fridge outputs needed when the engine is running, has an input for solar, connects with a battery monitor panel, and has fused supplies for all leisure equipment. How super duper exotic do you want?

That’ll do for me amigos. Thanks. (I suppose I was hoping that it was an added benefit to charge the leisure battery more efficiently than normal systems.)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We wild camp all the time and have a single 60w solar panel and 2 leisure batteries and never run out of juice so getting a solar panel fitted would help keep your batteries topped up when stationary.

OP
OP
sciac2001
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We wild camp all the time and have a single 60w solar panel and 2 leisure batteries and never run out of juice so getting a solar panel fitted would help keep your batteries topped up when stationary.

We have one too. My problem is that I have just 1 leisure battery not 2. This will change when back in Blighty in the summer. Thanks for the comments. Hasta Luego.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The model with OVP has built in over and under voltage protection. The electrobloks are sensitive to over or under voltage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back