Free Member
Sep 3, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
3 years
Hi, have EBL 225 Electroblock and LT500 on an Adria motorhome. This morning found power was not getting to the amber light (mains connected) on LT500 and leisure batteries not charging.

Im getting 14.50 volts from engine to the leisure batteries when I start it up...which I think must come through the EBL225???

any thoughts out there? I have not got EBL225 instructions - If anyone has them I would
be most greatful for a download.

Oggy

OP
OP
O

oggy

Free Member
Sep 3, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
3 years
update- looks like the leisure battery charger side of the EBL225 has burnt out and will need to replace the whole unit.........first quote of around £800!!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
update- looks like the leisure battery charger side of the EBL225 has burnt out and will need to replace the whole unit.........first quote of around £800!!!

I've see reports that you can send it back to Germany very much cheaper than that. Get on their web site and email them. I have £150 stuck in my mind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I've see reports that you can send it back to Germany very much cheaper than that. Get on their web site and email them. I have £150 stuck in my mind.

i'v also seen a post /thread on here regarding returning it to Schaudt for repair.

i seem to remember it was a fast turnaround (less than a week) and much cheaper than a new unit.

OP
OP
O

oggy

Free Member
Sep 3, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
3 years
Ebl225

Many thanks for the reply. I have been in touch with Shaudt and they confirm the repair of EBL charger side with a cost up to 150 euro. impressed with the quick response from the company.

for anyone who has the same problem contact details are:

Udo Lang, technical support
Schaudt GmbH Elektrotechnik & Apparatebau
Planckstr. 8 - 88677 Markdorf - Germany
email:
udo.lang@schaudt-gmbh.de<B><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB">

Hymer

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
I've got an EBL in my Hymer - can't remember the EBL model. There is a small mains fuse in the IEC mains inlet connector - might be worth a check.

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back