Scenes in 'Tenet' filmed in Tallinn (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I watched Tenet for the first time last night and in the first scene I was sure I recognised the building from my time travelling in Estonia. A quick google turned out that so much more of the film was shot there.

This is the building I recognised from the opening scene of the film:

20190709_185117.jpg

And this is a great little clip of all the locations:

Motorhomes can park at the marina for a small charge and most of these locations are in walking distance. If you are thinking of trying to visit here after covid has buggered off try and time it with the marina festival. Loads of food and drink stalls and the tent that sells the honey ale is particularly worth a visit 🥴

As for the film. I enjoyed it even though I had no idea what was going on. Away to give it another go.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
You’re a time-traveller..........??!!! ;)

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
We were in Tallin last year as part of our ruby wedding cruise. It was one of our favourite visits. A commotion got up in the Square then police arrived. They were arresting a chap for begging as they’d already moved him on and he turned round and sprayed them with something. He’d been trying to steal from visitors.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We were in Tallin last year as part of our ruby wedding cruise. It was one of our favourite visits. A commotion got up in the Square then police arrived. They were arresting a chap for begging as they’d already moved him on and he turned round and sprayed them with something. He’d been trying to steal from visitors.

We stayed on the car park next to the port a couple of years ago.
Watched six blokes jump out of two nondescript vans, floor and handcuff two men walking across, bundle them into the vans and away all in the blink of an eye.
We were well impressed and assumed they were police but who knows.

IMG-20180905-WA0000.jpg

Sep 22, 2020
Baltics
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Feel like an old timer
'Tenet' filming here was most exciting for those interested in location filming. Talking with locals who have seen the film they were impressed to hear Estonian being spoken in some scenes that were filmed here. The opening shots and the building being stormed are in Tallinn, the backwards/forwards car/van/lorry chase/takeover was all filmed on one of the main road into Tallinn 'Laagna tee' which I use when going into the city center.
I saw the film here in Tallinn and Christopher Nolan gave a filmed interview just prior to the film starting in which he thanked the locals for all the fun they had filming in Estonia.
I now understand that I am the protagonist.
So if you are thinking of visiting Estonia at some time do post on here and I can guide you a little, we are the country of free access to camping. Wonderful sites with free stays, free wood and cooking stoves. Lakes and sea to swim in and hardly any traffic on well maintained roads; although not all are tarmacked but that's ok. And my van fits in the high pressure hose car wash if it gets dirty or covered in dust!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
'Tenet' filming here was most exciting for those interested in location filming. Talking with locals who have seen the film they were impressed to hear Estonian being spoken in some scenes that were filmed here. The opening shots and the building being stormed are in Tallinn, the backwards/forwards car/van/lorry chase/takeover was all filmed on one of the main road into Tallinn 'Laagna tee' which I use when going into the city center.
I saw the film here in Tallinn and Christopher Nolan gave a filmed interview just prior to the film starting in which he thanked the locals for all the fun they had filming in Estonia.
I now understand that I am the protagonist.
So if you are thinking of visiting Estonia at some time do post on here and I can guide you a little, we are the country of free access to camping. Wonderful sites with free stays, free wood and cooking stoves. Lakes and sea to swim in and hardly any traffic on well maintained roads; although not all are tarmacked but that's ok. And my van fits in the high pressure hose car wash if it gets dirty or covered in dust!

I can't wait to get back to Tallinn and Estonia in general. Just waiting for this pandemic to die down a little first. Any suggestions for Soviet era sights would be appreciated. Old missile silos, abandoned buildings and that kind of thing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back