Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
How is it he is a top rated seller with 16.000 sales?

Pictures is on a 54 plate yet ad says 2002

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Moe it is 10k cheaper than it should be and see Johns post just to start with :winky:
terry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And of course there is the point that it is not actually an eBay page !! It is, 100% a scam

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
To be fair Terry...many years ago there was a nearly new jaguar for sale in our local rag for £50, thats right £50! It turned out that the woman selling it had found out that her husband of many years had been cheating on her and moved in with a much younger woman. She therefore sold off his pride and joy to the first person to come round with £50 in their hand.

I think they got a bargain dont you?

This may, or may not be a scam you cannot tell over a distance...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The original eBay page has an item number of 370490404410
It has no buy now option ( as that would have added to the cost of placing the ad ) and the account has been hijacked..

Off to report it to fleabay ( the ever diligent bunch of incompetent twats who could not spot a scam if it was pasted to their foreheads !!!! )

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
To be fair Terry...many years ago there was a nearly new jaguar for sale in our local rag for £50, thats right £50! It turned out that the woman selling it had found out that her husband of many years had been cheating on her and moved in with a much younger woman. She therefore sold off his pride and joy to the first person to come round with £50 in their hand.

I think they got a bargain dont you?

This may, or may not be a scam you cannot tell over a distance...

3O odd yrs ago the same thing happened to my best mates brother but he got a new Capri for 30 quid from a lady in Sheffield :ROFLMAO::thumb:
when you click on enlarge image it shows a different van ,then as you go onto feedback it is not a eBay page DEFFO a SCAM :Eeek::thumb:
TERRY

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi terry how can you tell it is a scam thanks,moe.

The surest way is to click on the eBay rating and it will return that there was a problem and Ebay were not able to trace.

A similar scam was a MH being sold at a similarly ridiculous price in Spain. The scam is they want you to pay them something up front. Chances are you will never see them or the deposit you paid

Noram

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Its a scam, note the web address, if ever in doubt always check the sellers feedback as these sort of scam listings will never go to the 'sellers' feedback on ebay, also if the item is restricted to registered buyers via email.

http://d69021.u36.c9.ixwebhosting.com/cp/ViewItem&Item/02%20Fiat%20Motorhome%20CI%20Riviera%20141%20Caravan%20vw%20Camper%20Van/02%20Fiat%20Motorhome%20Caravans%20International%20Riviera%20141%20Caravan%20vw%20Camper%20Van.htm#payId

This is a genuine ebay web address (ok its one of mine but it was easier!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300533501435&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

Peter

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Annddddd duly reported !
Well spotted Terry ! :thumb:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
nearly new jaguar for sale in our local rag for £50

I can better that, someone I know in Huddersfield found out her hubbie was cheating on her so sold his BMW for a £1, the guy that went to buy it first went to the police first to see if there would be any comeback if he bought it and was told if thats the selling price well snap it up :ROFLMAO:, she also sold his golf clubs for the same money and burnt his designer clothes.

Dale

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Just taken a look at the ad and wonder why at the top of the page it says Christmas items??

mightymoe

Free Member
Feb 26, 2009
Funster No
back on e bay

Hi there folks motorhome back on ebay at 16.42pm as a private listing

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
The same scam appears over and over again. Always the sub-title has the price mentioned as a buy it now with lots of +'s and other symbols between every digit. Been reported to ebay countless times but nothing stops them.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well I have just looked at the same Motorhome same photo.....and this is the price with 7 bids

??????????????????:Eeek::Doh: WHAT 7 BIDS £300,001.00 THOUSAND AND NO PENCE
AND STILL 21 HOURS LEFT
Mel

2002 CARAVANS INTERNATIONAL FIAT RIVIERA 141 CAMPER VAN
HPI-Clear++B-+​I-+N--+5-+4-+O​-+O+--+G-B-P++​+8-Months-MOT

Enlarge
7 Bids £300,001.00 Not specified Time left:21h

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Don't forget that it comes with 3 kilos of Nigerian gold along with a letter of credit worth £1000000 from The National Bank Of Nigeria(Lagos Division)

Bargain

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
How come when you click on it you get motorhome link I when I clicked on it I got messages if I would like to meet some sexy ladies :Blush::Eeek:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
How come when you click on it you get motorhome link I when I clicked on it I got messages [HI]if I would like to meet some sexy ladies [/HI]:Blush::Eeek:
I would where the link:winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Free sexy ladies as well!

More of a bargain than I thought.:roflmto:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I can't access the site in question, which proves to me that my anti-scam software is doing its job very well

:thumb:

The laydeez will just have to wait..................................................:ROFLMAO:

MotorRoamer

Free Member
Aug 17, 2010
Funster No
Email received back from Ms. Rosalind Diane Smith

Hello and sorry for my late answer,
First I have to let you know that I have earlier ended my ebay auction because some "serious buyers" that want's to pay, but in the end they did not have the cash to pay for it... So the motorhome is still for sale.
I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me. I'm retired and separated from my husband and I own a holiday house in Spain, Barcelona. I have moved here and the motorhome is also here with me, I took the camper with me, because we had to many things to carry.
The camper was gently used by me and my husband only and it is in perfect conditions, and is still registered in United Kingdom as you can see plate numbers from the photos !
Excellent condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent. I'm the registered keeper and there is no outstanding finance on the motorhome, also the motorhome comes with a full service history.
Pick-up is available also. Shipping from Barcelona can be arranged at a very best value (maximum 700 pounds and half it will be covered by me), so the price for my motorhome is 5,400 + 350(half of the delivery)= 5,750.00 !
I want this transaction to be as smooth as possible so I will only close the sale trough eBay for our own protection.
Anyway if you are really interested in this motorhome and you need more photos or details, please reply because I have a lot of interested customers!
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely
Ms. Rosalind Diane Smith

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
People,
BEWARE these people have already took £6000 from my nephew, he done everything right, went to his Bank who examined the deal, thought it was fine. Agreed to pay deposit into a third party solicitor, until the van was delivered to the UK, then the remainder to be paid on satisfaction.
The third party solicitor was one of their 'Scammers', the Bank carried out the transfer and the site was closed down within hours.
I must say all this was done without my knowledge, the sad part was it was part of his redundancy from British Steel.
Our local police were informed, nothing they can do. I have informed my nephew who has contacted the Police.
The posting is almost word for word as the original comms he received.
If it is too cheap, IT IS TOO CHEAP.
Best Regards Mac
This took place in Dec. 2010

rum51

Free Member
Apr 30, 2011
Sale
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
i`m a newbie
I`ve been took for 5,75k from same !!!

First I have to let you know that I have earlier ended my ebay auction because some "serious buyers" that want's to pay, but in the end they did not have the cash to pay for it... So the motorhome is still for sale.
I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me. I'm retired and separated from my husband and I own a holiday house in Spain, Barcelona. I have moved here and the motorhome is also here with me, I took the camper with me, because we had to many things to carry.
The camper was gently used by me and my husband only and it is in perfect conditions, and is still registered in United Kingdom as you can see plate numbers from the photos !
Excellent condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent. I'm the registered keeper and there is no outstanding finance on the motorhome, also the motorhome comes with a full service history.
Pick-up is available also. Shipping from Barcelona can be arranged at a very best value (maximum 700 pounds and half it will be covered by me), so the price for my motorhome is 5,400 + 350(half of the delivery)= 5,750.00 !
I want this transaction to be as smooth as possible so I will only close the sale trough eBay for our own protection.
Anyway if you are really interested in this motorhome and you need more photos or details, please reply because I have a lot of interested customers!
Sincerely
Ms. Rosalind Diane Smith

Iv`e been done for 5.75k also from same

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Well done - He's been rumbled again, the website has been removed.

Let's keep outing these scams and let them know we know it is a scam and they can go and try somewhere else.

Norman

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Originally Posted by MotorRoamer Link Removed

Sincerely
Ms. Rosalind Diane Smith

This is exactly the same email I received from a similar e mail address so I asked if he had a store of these as it was the same as one I had received from another Motorhome seller.
Needless to say I did not receive an answer.

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
When I clicked on the link, my Virus program stopped me from going on to the page, telling me it was a harmful Website... so defo a scam :Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back