Scam Or Not Advise Please???? (1 Viewer)

graham atkinson

Free Member
May 11, 2015
blackpool
Funster No
MH
express coach built
Exp
Hi
found a lovely motorhome but feeling something not right here the email, i got this off C4Caravans website
copy of email
Hello,
I still have the Fiat Ducato for sale, the condition is excellent and it has no damages or any faults. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £7,500 delivered at my costs.
The deal will go through eBay and PayPal.
Thank you
Lucy
Fiat Ducato 2000 JTD Auto Roller 70 02 plate
See pics attached, 4 berth, u shaped lounge goes into double bed and overhead cab double bed, cassette toilet, washbasin, separate shower. 3 gas hob plus grill, gas or electric fridge, plenty storage space, gas or electric water heater, Trumatic gas or electric fire plus blown air, 2 new leisure batteries, new engine battery, 120 watt solar panel, electric step, security handle plus lock, fly nets and blinds for the windows, 2 skylights, room for 2 gas bottles, wind out awing, roof ladder, rear sensors, electric hook up, wardrope, tv ariel, 19" Cello television dvd combo with freeview, fm,am radio and CD player.
Mot until July 2015, taxed until July 2015, service due July 2015, habitation service was done August 2014.( Maxview Omnisat VuCube Satellite ).

The bit
I will let it go for £7,500 delivered at my costs.
The deal will go through eBay and PayPal.
is I thought a bit of bullying tactics I checked reg against mot runs out in August 2015 and not taxed,
I have tried to contact the person thought of viewing and possible if it okay pay cash for it... they got the pictures from somewhere is it your motorhome or does someone know the owner..

regards graham

Attachments

• $_86.JPG
    $_86.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 67

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Yup, its a scam. The seller will send you a fake PayPal email claiming that money has been sent in escrow, all you have to do is send money via western union to get the non existent van!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Scam. But you can say you are arranging an inspection ..... if they say they are in barracks in Edinburgh tell them I am the AdC to General [insert any name you want] and I am security cleared for all compounds. Guess you won't hear any more :)

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Loads of folks in Scotland with a van elsewhere....or the vans in Scotland and the seller is in the armed forces serving overseas.

All will say they have an "agent" to deliver the van on cleared funds.

No van...and you have no money left.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Had that email yesterday about another camper so feel it is definitely a scam.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Its definitely a scam. I personally would never part with any money until I was beside and had inspected the MH.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Most scams:

Bargain price - usually between £5k - £10k
Seller or vehicle 'away'..... buyer unable to view
Promise to deliver at sellers expense
Contact by email only
Payment by bank transfer..... never cash

If you can't view it, you will never own it

......................barstewards must catch a few 'bargain hunters'

:swear2:

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
I wouldn't buy a van for £750 without viewing it first ! If it seems to good to be true it probably is, is my moto.

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Scam. Report it to legalbeagle.info and they will take steps to get the email and associated bank account shut.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
As you have already gathered it's a SCAM -They send you a fake PayPal site in which you pay money telling you the money is in a holding account (no such thing) that only you can release when you are happy with the van -In reality as soon as you paid the money it's gone --People on here have traced right back to accounts holder -normally Barclay's bank account -Once paid the money has gone and don't expect any help from Barclay's --or ebay/PP as you have done a deal outside of ebay on a false PP account
terry

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Graham,(OP)

I guess you have just found out why the investment you are considering making in joining this forum would probably be the best £10 you ever spent.

Correction : Not probably, DEFINATELY!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back