Free Member
Nov 24, 2016
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Caravan!
Exp
Van for 7 years
I am selling a Cara on Auto trader and yes Mary has been busy again!! Despite her heart condition...

"Great! please consider it sold and i want you to remove the advert as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin asap, i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it. Unfortunately i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and I'm just recovering from heart surgery so I'm house-bound,
I have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and i'll pay you via PayPal once you are ready.
Kindly get back to me with your location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?"

So having some fun!!!

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I regularly have to deal with scammers as I've been doing 100% of my selling and 90% of my buying on line, pretty much since the beginning. So I agree with all those that said cash is king for large ticket items as well as meeting the buyer in person.

What is sad is that we are all VICTIMS whether we fall for the scam or not. From time to time I come across genuine buyers who for one reason or another fall outside the ideal. Only a month ago I spent a good deal of time swapping emails with a buyer who "looked" suspicious for various reasons, partly through his own circumstance and partly through a series of random events. I was on the brink of walking away a few times. I ended up going through with the transaction and he turned out to be sound as a pound!

Due to circumstances beyond either of our control I handed the goods over in a back street at night in a dinghy part of Bristol..... my mind was working overtime as to what might happen right up until I met him. With the benefit of hindsight everything he said and did was logical but at the time it was far from obvious.

I've recently noticed that the scammers have turned up on Amazon so be careful there too. It's sad because of course the vast majority of people are totally honest yet we are forced (by the scammers) to treat everyone as guilty until proven innocent.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Sold an old van of ours to a guy who gave me 18 grand in a carrier bag....
I was still suspicious when he offered to run me to the bank to pay it in ..
Decent guy though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back