Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
So my dashboard cam has saved me a problem today. Where l work l have been leaving it stuck up in the windscreen just cause it is a hassle to put up and down.
I got to the car tonight with a note under the windscreen wiper that someone had done my front bumper give him a ring and he will take care of it.
I am certain he saw the camera and didn't know if it was on or off and assumed it was on (it wasn't) but he couldn't take the chance.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I leave mine fixed onto the windscreen but not on when we are parked. I'm not sure it makes a difference but think it's worth making folk think twice.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We've just bought one and leave it on the windscreen all the time now not always switched on but as you say it must make them think.
I did leave it on in the supermarket but decided that if they were going to break in they would steal that as well as it would be evidence against them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheDentons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
Any pointers on a good one thinking of getting one

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
That's an idea. I'll leave it on from now on. Never thought of that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
Well some cameras record when the engine is off mine doesn't but it isnt often l leave it up. Well not strictly true it could do l think if hard wired but not worried about that.

I have the Roadhawk HD very nice camera. dead easy to use and any problems they are spot on when l ring up. Been how do l set up or is it bust.. no just reformat the card every 6 to 8 weeks or so. I got an email when l said huh! that walked me through it. Isnt cheap but good quality, gps, hd and as l say excellent back up
:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back