Sauze D*Oulx (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Just had a week in Sauze ,area lift pass despite only way back from sestere to Sauze is via a Black , a blue run back was closed due to an death early Jan, no alternatives set up for intermediates .
Also all week half lifts not working I thought due to lack of snow but hey presto at the weekend all going, do they just open the lifts according to demand .
My gripe is I have paid for area lift pass but cannot use all the facilities during the week.
Is this normal for Italy

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Have you tried to claim on the insurance ?

Do they still have the old fashion lifts ?

We have skiied at Sauze also a few years back...on return to base found the greens n blues closed off .. only red n blacks left with just one lift left open n it was nearly time for that to finish ... hubby said he never seen me move so quick when we found out , it was out of sheer terror for me
Luckily the slope gradings are not true reds or blacks or I could still be there lolol

We never returned there again

Kath

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
what and why happened with the death?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
what and why happened with the death?

(ANSA) - Turin, January 2 2019- A nine-year-old girl died after losing control of her skis and hitting a windbreak at Sauze d'Oulx north of Turin on Wednesday.
The girl was rushed to hospital in critical condition and died there.
The accident took place in the northern Val di Susa area.
The girl and her family were from Rome.
She was skiing with her father when the accident took place.
The girl was wearing a helmet.
I have made several local enquiries and it seems accident investigation and the ski Authorities have not been able to decide on how to make it safer, i am informed that a decision could take upto four years.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Have you tried to claim on the insurance ?

Do they still have the old fashion lifts ?

We have skiied at Sauze also a few years back...on return to base found the greens n blues closed off .. only red n blacks left with just one lift left open n it was nearly time for that to finish ... hubby said he never seen me move so quick when we found out , it was out of sheer terror for me
Luckily the slope gradings are not true reds or blacks or I could still be there lolol

We never returned there again

Kath

We skied at Sauze last Feb half term and I can agree....thank goodness they are French reds and Blacks :D2

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
That bit coming back over to Sauze is tricky for everyone. The little steep black is narrow enough for most of us. The blue goes round the mountain side but is fairly daunting for the nervous. The slope is ok but the drop off to your right is scary for beginners. However it’s a great resort with lots of beginners and mid level stuff without going to sestriere side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
Just returned from Sestriere and went over to Sauze, The Blue run is open with safety netting being re instated and extra barriers. Slow and with caution whilst the work is being undertaken is the order of the day.
As commented above it can still be scary. At least they had taken the accident seriously and worked on making improvements .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back