Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The tories about the sat nav rollover date, which appear to be as unfounded as the horror stories about a political matter now a hot news topic upon which I am not allowed post:LOL:
Poor Tories , they are getting blamed for the GPS clock issues as well as Brexit, or was that a typo.:(

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Hi @movan

Ha ha Not really. It took me nearly half hour to get out of the NEC and when I eventually got to the M6 about 8-15am I quickly joined a queue coming to a standstill until 11pm. The chap in the car behind me flattened his battery and came into my car to keep warm. We eventually, with the help of others dismantled the central reservation barriers and dug our way through the snow to the other side where the snowplow had been along. We helped the feller with the flat battery to get his car sorted and I followed him as he lived in South Birmingham and stayed at his place which he offered as I had helped him. I then left from there and had to travel via the M5 and M4 back to Kent. The roads to the M6, M40 and the M1 were blocked for 36 hours and some were stuck there all that time.

The one problem at the time was people that had mobiles were few and far between and the mobile system crashed so I could not contact home to tell them where I was until just after midnight.
Remember that weekend well. Managed to avoid most of delay but although had a mobile couldn't phone home as our land line and power lines cut and water went off as well. All that lasted for days.

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
Satnav – A new poem by Pam Ayres.
I have a little Satnav, it sits there in my car. A Satnav is a driver's friend it tells you where you are. I have a little Satnav, i've had it all my life. It's better than the normal ones, my Satnav is my wife.
It gives me full instructions, especially how to drive "It's sixty miles an hour", it says, "You're doing sixty five". It tells me when to stop and start, and when to use the brake And tells me that it's never ever, safe to overtake.
It tells me when a light is red, and when it goes to green It seems to know instinctively, just when to intervene. It lists the vehicles just in front, and all those to the rear. And taking this into account, it specifies my gear.
I'm sure no other driver, has so helpful a device. For when we leave and lock the car, it still gives its advice. It fills me up with counselling, each journey's pretty fraught. So why don't I exchange it, and get a quieter sort?
Ah well, you see, it cleans the house, makes sure I'm properly fed. It washes all my shirts and things, and keeps me warm in bed!
Despite all these advantages, and my tendency to scoff, I only wish that now and then, I could turn the bugger off.

Quick Quick

Free Member
Apr 25, 2017
Clevedon, N Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 510
Exp
4 years
I need my sat nav to work, and I rely upon it on long journeys, because who else can I argue with as it tells me (yes...tell) to turn down a narrow lane, off of a main route, just because it's smart enough to know that it's the "Quickest" route by about 200 yards. If I ignore an instruction, she nags for about 5 minutes and then sulks.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I need my sat nav to work, and I rely upon it on long journeys, because who else can I argue with as it tells me (yes...tell) to turn down a narrow lane, off of a main route, just because it's smart enough to know that it's the "Quickest" route by about 200 yards. If I ignore an instruction, she nags for about 5 minutes and then sulks.
Google Maps doesn’t do that
She immediately re routes

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Google Maps doesn’t do that
She immediately re routes
... but does it say 'please'? Our Sygic system does ... really, it does!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Our igo primo can not locate correct time. Just erratic time zones scrolling.

All other functions work fine.

Someone did mention about the 6th. Not sure how we update this one as it's just on a s card in a tablet.

Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
Had a notice from Renault to update sat nav in my Captur by the 6th April otherwise it would not work properly

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
It's a little bit easier updating Google maps...

You get up one morning and there's I tiny icon in the top corner of your screen "Google Maps was updated"
It's still hassle having to pull the notifications bar down though :ROFLMAO:

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
My Snooper kept failing because the alternator switched off and the voltage at the socket fell to about 12.3 before the alternator switched on. Now we use it in the car and have no problems, always +13v.

Quick Quick

Free Member
Apr 25, 2017
Clevedon, N Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 510
Exp
4 years
I have a little Satnav, it sits there in my car.
A Satnav is a driver's friend it tells you where you are
I have a little Satnav, I've had it all my life.
It's better than the normal ones,
My Satnav is my wife.
It gives me full instructions, especially how to drive
"It's sixty miles an hour", it says, "You're doing sixty five".
It tells me when to stop and start,
and when to use the brake
(Attributed to Pam Ayres)

Feb 24, 2018
Funster No
This sounds a bit like me my husbands says must be a few of us around :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back