Free Member
Feb 13, 2010
Newcastle under Lyme.
Funster No
MH
Van coversion
Exp
This is the 4th van weve done
hi, can anyone give me advice. I have a nokia e61 and Ive been told I can get satnav on it. First is it worth the effort, is it as good as the dedicated satnavs. if so what exactly do I need, and how easy is it to set up.

Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
satnav nokia e71

Ihave got a Nokia E71 that came with maps but youhave toupgrade on the Nokia site for spoken directions strange as my works Nokia E86 has freesat nav included dont think the e61 has built in gps so you will have to purchase an external bluetooth unitone way to get both would be to get something like this ebay item number360246839914
If its compatable check the nokie and navicore web sites a bit out of date but ok for basic uk navigation .also check nokia uk web sitye to see if they do a bespoked sat nav for the e61.
For not a lot more you could pick up a factory recon tomtom one europe which will give you european mapping and a nice easy way of inputting site and aires.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I tried it with a Nokia E63 and found it a pretty depressing experience.

The map screen it small and difficult to get any idea of the surrounding areas.

battery life is also a problem when not on a socket.

Not really comparable to a dedicated satnav, especially as they are coming down in price.

Check Halfords for some good bargains.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I think Garmin XT Mobile will work on the e61 have a look at the link below, we have it installed on our N97 and it works fine, does most things that the basic SatNav's do and I think you can buy add-ons for it.

Link Removed

I believe the E71 can now make use of a modified version of the Free Nokia Maps which also appears very good, have a look at the link below.

Link Removed

Hope that helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back