Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
At the moment we have the Maxview wind up dish which is fine but at times a faff. If we were to change it (To work into Europe) which is a decent dish/dome to go for at a decent cost aswell.

Think it would have to be twin lmb so if we wanted we could either fit a second box or record channels.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Or put more plainly, it looks as if you won't be able to get any English channels other than BBC World south of northern or perhaps at a push middle France next year whatever sort of dish you have. But we will have to wait until it happens first to know the limits of the range of the satellite. Might be better using the money to buy boxed sets. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Or put more plainly, it looks as if you won't be able to get any English channels other than BBC World south of northern or perhaps at a push middle France next year whatever sort of dish you have. But we will have to wait until it happens first to know the limits of the range of the satellite. Might be better using the money to buy boxed sets. :Smile:

The latest info I have seen puts the changeover to March 2014

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
40cm dome

Our dome system only works at the moment down to around Limoges.

Nothing at all in Spain for British TV

When the changes affect the satellite - who knows?

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Dish or dome

Hi

As mentioned, the satellite footprints are changing so I'd be tempted to sit on the fence for a while and wait for some reliable reception reports to come in, if overseas reception is a necessity.

In September, we were in Italy at Lake Garda. I could not get channel 5 for love or money as this channel has "already moved". At Lake Maggiore, it came back, so, based on that, I suspect BBC and ITV in Northern Italy will become more of a challenge.

Now to dish or dome - I have had three systems, an Oyster, a Camos Dome and a Kathrein. The Kathrein goes with me from van to van, so I think that speaks volumes.

I took a few pics and wrote a bit about the three sysyems - Link Broken want a shufty.

What I will say though, when I bought the present van, it did not have a Status aerial as standard - I had this fitted as an extra. If you are getting a conventional dish, there will be times, such as this weather now, when you cannot use it. A dome however would be windproof.

Russ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Hi, We are S/E of Bordeaux S/W France and have no problems with our standard Dish - Free Sat domestic setup YET!!:pray::wooo:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back