Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
We are enjoying our first trip in the MH and tried the satellite dish. It pops up, thinks about moving to the side then retracts itself flat again. Anyone any idea why or what might sort it.?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think I am right saying that it will need a tuner box or TV with inbuilt tuner connected and turned on.

Martin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Drifter

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
I think I am right saying that it will need a tuner box or TV with inbuilt tuner connected and turned on.

Martin
That might be the issue, not sure how to tune tv in to anything and our dongle wasn’t on at the time. Will try and seek answers when I’m not so sleepy, driving on wee roads then a few beers and some bubbly, I’m very sleepy ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Oyster it is then.

What TV and do you have a tuner box, like a sky box, some TV can have the sat tuner built in others don’t do need external box.

Martin

Martin

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Generally, you don’t need a tv or tuner connected, the dish will have a control unit which should have one or more preset satellites programmed in. The dish will point at the selected satellite.
Unless there is just one satellite programmed in, you need to select a satellite for it to find. It maybe that no satellite is selected or the coordinates for the selected satellite are wrong or missing.
Or one of the motors in the dish is faulty or the dish base is prevented from moving sideways.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back