LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We have bought a van that has a telco satellite fitted from the factory I have tried a search on both TVs but still come up short of quite a few channels that we would get on our tv at home (dtv) I am not interested in fire sticks or downloading anything! Has anyone else come across this ?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i think digital tv is different than free to air via satellite - have you checked actual channel listings?

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Not all Freeview stations broadcast on satellite and quite a few satellite (Freesat and Free-to-Air) stations don't broadcast of Freeview. For me personally the only downside to the choice of satellite stations is with Channel 4, they decided to stop broadcasting HD. Don't forget, the channel numbers will be different between DTV and satellite: BBC 1 instead of being 101, is something like 106 on satellite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
We have a Snipe 3 and use the inbuilt tuner on the Snipe TV..... obvs only Free to Air....but it still picks up 600 channels....some duplicate from both the Astra beams.... I get all the usual suspects from Freeview and loads more as well as HD versions and BBC One local area broadcasts...e.g BBC One East West etc..... I get that with "Auto" scan of channels opting out of encrypted channels.... some tuners (like mine) also have the "Blind Scan" option...which usually yields more channels... good luck.... We have a Firestick and Unidirectional antenna but some sites like Clumber Park where we were at the weekend.... Firesticks are pretty useless and TV is plug into the bollard to get a signal.... Satellite...perfect....

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for the replies when we had a dome we never had these problems it always just worked šŸ¤£ maybe I will look more at a simple dtv Avtex addition šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks for the replies when we had a dome we never had these problems it always just worked šŸ¤£ maybe I will look more at a simple dtv Avtex addition šŸ‘
If you think it's the sat tuner that's your problem we use a Manhattan SX (FreeSat and about Ā£45) to feed the signal to our Ferguson (Cello rebrand) as the user guide on FTA is poor.
As sgl5gjr says our Snipe picks up hundreds of channels (a lot of which we dump as they're shopping, etc).
As Lenny HB says is the dish firmware up to date?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back