satellite tv reception southern spain (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
The point though is that you won't be able to use the iPhone on 3g unlimited data in Spain or anywhere out of the UK for that matter.
I had a movistar 4g unlimited data sim in a router last winter using a Mag 254 with IPTV which is the way to go, if you can afford the €60 per month to Movistar.
:cooler:

Very true - my comments were a tad off topic, as you do need unlimited wifi - so really best in the UK for the purposes of this forum(y)

As an aside @mariner I am having BB4S set up my unlimited wifi in Spain, 4-10mps, TV streams, UK IP address as well as Spanish, and all for €31 +iva pcm. :)

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Very true - my comments were a tad off topic, as you do need unlimited wifi - so really best in the UK for the purposes of this forum(y)

As an aside @mariner I am having BB4S set up my unlimited wifi in Spain, 4-10mps, TV streams, UK IP address as well as Spanish, and all for €31 +iva pcm. :)

Is that a dedicated local system or does it cover the whole of Spain?

I have a Movistar 4g router which unfortunately is locked to Movstar.
I was using the Mag box last winter and the spread of channels is vast. Because it's through a dedicated server there is no buffering and a lot of channels are in HD.
It was free last winter as it was being trialed, but it's now $80 a year which is not a lot.

It's getting the unlimited data sim which is the problem, at a reasonable price.
Last year 3 of us, near to each other shared it, so €20 each was reasonable. It ran at 20-30 mbs most of the time.
This year I will be on the move more so I have to find as cheap a sim as I can.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Is that a dedicated local system or does it cover the whole of Spain?

I think its local to Axarquia - its a mountain wifi system, no landlines where we're going! Might be something similar in your area though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Last winter I used the campsite WIFI and also subscribed to" Watch uk tv abroad" 30 pounds for six months but it gave me access to all the I players so when the site was busy and wifi overloaded I could watch the programmes later . Also took a lot of series with me which we watched through the winter did not miss live tv at all but we are not addicted to soaps. Also swopped a lot of pre-recorded telly with other campers

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Nor am I remotely interested in soaps but I do like to watch sports and in particular Cricket.
So if I can do it for a reasonable price whilst enjoying the winter warmth (touch wood) I'm happy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back