Dave A A

Free Member
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Navajo
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all, we've had our moho for 2 years and never really watched TV, apart from a few rainy days in woolacombe when feeling lazy. We're gearing up for a potential longer tour next year and I have some questions if anyone can help.... We have a set up on our 2010 Autotrail Navajo, entertainment system 11ELE which includes a dvd player, a fold down monitor between the cab seats, a vision plus VP2 digital amplifier with push up aerial, camos dome satellite and receiver. Am I right in thinking... The vision plus is 12 volt, the camos is 240volt hence having both ? Does the the vision plus enable Freeview as it goes into the camos receiver? And from what I've read, Freeview is just uk and some of France? ..... Personally if I was starting from scratch I'd have a TV that could take usb and mirror share from phone, not much else.
Anyways, long rambling... cheers anyone who can help

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Our 2013 AT Savannah had the same 11ELE head unit and it was woeful. Replaced twice under warranty, eventually, with a 12ELE. Finally dumped it for an Android head unit which is better but not perfect.
Our Vision Plus aerial is connected through the aerial amplifier (VP2) to the back of the head unit (ELE and replacement) which includes the DVB-T tuner and then feeds the drop down monitor.
The Camos will be an aftermarket fitment and you'll need to confirm it's connected through a satellite receiver into the monitor. Not sure it will be and I doubt it will be connected to the VP2.
We fitted a Snipe satellite system and connected this to a "stand-alone" TV.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
If you want USB and mirroring , then consider a "media player" about £20 on Ebay or an Amazon firestick, both have hdmi connections to the TV and will support mirroring. The media player I have allows USB connection so I use a hard drive with programmes pre recorded, Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Dave A A

Free Member
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Navajo
Exp
Since 2018
Ah ok that makes some sense, found an avtex plug so looks like they were using a separate TV. ... I've been ready today and the 11ELE gets horrific reviews. We might just bin that off and get a TV for use with the camos dome and receiver. Appreciate your help

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Dave A A

Free Member
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Navajo
Exp
Since 2018
If you want USB and mirroring , then consider a "media player" about £20 on Ebay or an Amazon firestick, both have hdmi connections to the TV and will support mirroring. The media player I have allows USB connection so I use a hard drive with programmes pre recorded, Hope this helps.
Cheers... We have hundreds of dvds films and box sets on usb drives. The monitor in the van is so old and I haven't found a way to connect our media to it such as firestick or hdmi... So ...I'm thinking a cello TV that gives us the benefit of watching live TV if we ever fancy it which is rarely admittedly, plus our dvds and usbs .

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Cheers... We have hundreds of dvds films and box sets on usb drives. The monitor in the van is so old and I haven't found a way to connect our media to it such as firestick or hdmi... So ...I'm thinking a cello TV that gives us the benefit of watching live TV if we ever fancy it which is rarely admittedly, plus our dvds and usbs .
From memory there may be a mini (not micro) socket on the front of the ELE which via an adapter you can connect a usb stick but think it's limited to 8 / 16Gb?
We've got a Ferguson (same as Cello) as our stand-alone TV and plug usb hard discs into it (max 2Tb). Never use DVD as everything is on the hard discs.
The TV has inbuilt Freeview and satellite tuners but the latter is not Freesat (which we prefer) so we feed the satellite signal through a Manhattan SX receiver. Both the TV and receiver are 12v and 230v capable.
We've got the optional travel seats in our Savannah so mounted the TV between the headrests of these and can therefore watch from the rotating cab seats.

Edit: Apologies, just realised you've got an 11ELE whereas ours was a 12ELE changed to 13ELE.:doh:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Dave A A

Free Member
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Navajo
Exp
Since 2018
From memory there may be a mini (not micro) socket on the front of the ELE which via an adapter you can connect a usb stick but think it's limited to 8 / 16Gb?
We've got a Ferguson (same as Cello) as our stand-alone TV and plug usb hard discs into it (max 2Tb). Never use DVD as everything is on the hard discs.
The TV has inbuilt Freeview and satellite tuners but the latter is not Freesat (which we prefer) so we feed the satellite signal through a Manhattan SX receiver. Both the TV and receiver are 12v and 230v capable.
We've got the optional travel seats in our Savannah so mounted the TV between the headrests of these and can therefore watch from the rotating cab seats.

Edit: Apologies, just realised you've got an 11ELE whereas ours was a 12ELE changed to 13ELE.:doh:
Cheers again... Yep the 11ELE is next to useless for what we want, esp on a longer tour. Ok so looks like I'll need to get a tv which is what I thought. One that I can play usb sticks or usb hard drive.
There is a 'sat' connector in the moho, I assume the camos receiver is linked with that and hopefully I can just connect a new TV to that if we want to watch 'live telly'.
What format are your films in so you can watch via the telly ? I've checked my usb with the home Samsung TV and works fine so should be ok.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Cheers again... Yep the 11ELE is next to useless for what we want, esp on a longer tour. Ok so looks like I'll need to get a tv which is what I thought. One that I can play usb sticks or usb hard drive.
There is a 'sat' connector in the moho, I assume the camos receiver is linked with that and hopefully I can just connect a new TV to that if we want to watch 'live telly'.
What format are your films in so you can watch via the telly ? I've checked my usb with the home Samsung TV and works fine so should be ok.
I would hope the installer fitted the signal cable from the Camos to the "sat" output socket but ....... Assuming it is you'll need an "F" plug to "F" plug lead (assuming your TV has a "sat" input). Ours goes via the Manhattan which then feeds the TV through HDMI.
Got video files in MKV format however mp4 may also work for you along with others. You'll need to check the spec on your "new" TV. You'll also need to check the file system on the hard disc to make sure TV supports this. Ours is NTFS however our TV also recognises FAT32, HiSpeed FS, etc.
Be aware that the sound quality from most smaller TVs used in motorhomes can be poorish. We use a set of usb powered external speakers.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Dave A A

Free Member
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Navajo
Exp
Since 2018
I would hope the installer fitted the signal cable from the Camos to the "sat" output socket but ....... Assuming it is you'll need an "F" plug to "F" plug lead (assuming your TV has a "sat" input). Ours goes via the Manhattan which then feeds the TV through HDMI.
Got video files in MKV format however mp4 may also work for you along with others. You'll need to check the spec on your "new" TV. You'll also need to check the file system on the hard disc to make sure TV supports this. Ours is NTFS however our TV also recognises FAT32, HiSpeed FS, etc.
Be aware that the sound quality from most smaller TVs used in motorhomes can be poorish. We use a set of usb powered external speakers.
Good shouts on all fronts... And yep got my eye on a set of separate speakers to boost the sound quality. Will look at the connections to TV and format of h drive etc also. Cheers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Dave A A

Free Member
Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Navajo
Exp
Since 2018
Good shouts on all fronts... And yep got my eye on a set of separate speakers to boost the sound quality. Will look at the connections to TV and format of h drive etc also. Cheers
Yep looking at the cello C22230F it has the same connection as the 'sat' in our moho. Have heard others say MP4 plays fine so looking promising. ...just a shame I have a monitor, system and aerial which are pretty much useless and taking up precious weight. Ah well.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Yep looking at the cello C22230F it has the same connection as the 'sat' in our moho. Have heard others say MP4 plays fine so looking promising. ...just a shame I have a monitor, system and aerial which are pretty much useless and taking up precious weight. Ah well.
As previously said we've got the Ferguson version albeit 24". It's worth checking this brand as well as it's exactly the same TV (just a different badge on the front) but sometimes slightly cheaper (or more expensive sometimes!). :whistle2:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back