walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Looking at getting a dreambox 500s for my van and was wondering if anyone has cardshared in their motorhome?

Would be great to watch the Saturday football matches while out in the motorhome.

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
You can only use the card in one box (you can get freeview channels in other boxes, more with the card) I take my home box with me for films and sport.

You can phone sky and change the card to another box but you have to do it every time you change over.

Ralph

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Card sharing allows you to share you card with more than one satallite receiver, you can have recievers upstairs in bedrooms accessing your main reciever with the sky card downstairs.
This can also be done over the internet to a remote location, friends house, motorhome with internet access, holiday home in spain etc.
The setup I'm planning is DM500s satellite receiver, connected via network cable to my netbook, netbook connected to mobile phone via bluetooth, mobile phone with G3 internet access.
DM500s connects to my satellite box at home over the internet and gets the channel codes for what ever channel I'm watching.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
There is no charge, it is not a sky product. don't think sky would approve because you are bypassing their multiroom fee.
Sky would want you to by another receiver from them and send you an extra card with a monthly fee for each extra box.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
just a word of warning...

card sharing is illegal

the pay tv companies constantly shut down card sharing networks - although not too surea bout private personal networks..

they also shut down forums for discussing (especially in detail) about card sharing and hot to do it...although general discussion seams to be ok.

it may be best to find an actual card sharing forum (if there is one) by doing a google search.

what about a slingbox? although it does need a decent net connection...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back