Free Member
Dec 1, 2013
south ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat 15 CI Carioca
Exp
since 2003
Hi guys, have managed to get the Carioca M/H from storage and have got a parking space at home (kind neighbour who doesn't drive gave me her parking space). Having just purchased it before Christmas and being in storage 37 miles away am now only having a chance to find my way around it. Have already fixed the electric flush on the Thetford c250, got it mot'd, repaired lights etc. Have now turned my attention to the satellite system of which I know nothing - I only know the mast can elevate and the dish can be raised and rotated from a control box which has the name "Skywalker 101 Power Driver" on it (I can't find any info on this unit which has two switches on it with arrows but don't know what they do) and am wary of powering things up as the previous owner had to replace the dish when he brought it down on the roof rack. I have arranged for the loan of a ladder to get up to the dish to see if I can glean any more info on the make of the system. Any help on the Skywalker box and how it works would be appreciated, in fact any info on how a sat system works would help, dru

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
is the dish a crank up or power? it sounds as if its a auto power and that is the controller.

you should have the following items,

satellite dish
sat control box ( if its power up or auto search )
sat digi box
TV

you need to check all that is in place and then you can consider looking for a satellite to lock onto.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Sorry cant help but bump to get to the top again
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
had a thought is your skywalker unit a simple signal booster similar this one? Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
D

dru

Free Member
Dec 1, 2013
south ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat 15 CI Carioca
Exp
since 2003
sat system help

Thanks guys for replies - it defo is a power up and down mast system and dish tilts up/down. I bit the bullet and powered up the "Skywalker EW101 Power Driver" via the inverter and pressed one of the two switches and heard a electric motor turn but no movement on the mast so presume it must be the up/down for the dish - pressed the other switch and nothing happened no motor sound so don't know what that switch does - so still in the dark. The system consists of : powered sat dish/mast, Eaglebox HD800 set top box, Kogan 12/24 volt TV, inverter to power sat dish (think the dish may be Maxview brand) dru.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
inverter powered dish !!!......it isnt likely to be a motorhome type needing 230v to power it.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Maxview certainly do not do a mains powered seeker type dish !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Got it..
It is made by Nakin ( sp ? ) and is a simple up/down - left right controller
And yes, that is mains driven !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry.. third bloody post.. I should have just researched fully first !!

Here is a link for you:

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
D

dru

Free Member
Dec 1, 2013
south ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat 15 CI Carioca
Exp
since 2003
skywalker

Thanks Jaws for the info on the "Skywalker" unit - don't know how you managed to find that link :thumb: - now I've got to find the make of the dish - haven't been able to get up to the dish as yet. I'm presuming the two switches on the Skywalker are for tilting the dish up/down. I know one of the switches works and said earlier the other didn't but am thinking the dish itself is fitted with cut out switches - ie when the dish is at 90 degrees ithe cut off switch cuts in and you can then activate the other switch to bring it down to zero degrees on the roof and again the other switch will cut out (the one I thought was not working). Hope this makes some sense, thanks again, dru.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I'm sorry I am unable to help,but I would just like to say,how refreshing to hear of someone who has a cooperative neighbour!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back