Satellite... Something missing? (1 Viewer)

Craggstar

Free Member
Aug 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autocruise gleneagle
Hi, I've recently bought a 2004 autocruise gleneagle. It has a satellite dish that pops up and searches. It seems to lock onto a satellite. The panel says Astra 2.
The cable from the dish goes to a booster. Do I need some sort of decoder or box?
Then from that via hdmi into a TV?
I'm pretty sure it's by oyster... And I maybe missing something kit wise. 😩😩

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Hi, I've recently bought a 2004 autocruise gleneagle. It has a satellite dish that pops up and searches. It seems to lock onto a satellite. The panel says Astra 2.
The cable from the dish goes to a booster. Do I need some sort of decoder or box?
Then from that via hdmi into a TV?
I'm pretty sure it's by oyster... And I maybe missing something kit wise. 😩😩
Either a Freesat decoder that's linked to your TV via HDMI or a 12v TV such as Avtex or Visionplus which have built in decoders

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Craggstar

Free Member
Aug 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autocruise gleneagle
Thank you. 😁
I have a decoder and from that into a TV via hdmi but I get "no signal" message on the decoder 😩😩😩

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Thank you. 😁
I have a decoder and from that into a TV via hdmi but I get "no signal" message on the decoder 😩😩😩
Your decoder is definitely for satellite and not for Freeview which some people get mixed up with

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It may be the decoder needs an update.
The controller has found Astra 2 but the decoder can't.... Err.... Decode the signal.
You have swapped source to HDMI from DTV on the TV menu?

OP
OP
C

Craggstar

Free Member
Aug 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autocruise gleneagle
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to check everything again and make sure I've not missed anything. I think it's something simple that I may have overlooked 🤓

Deleted User
I get that on my Oyster V system most times I move location. So long as you are locked on to Astra 2, If I use the satellite channel search options in the TV settings, it finds all the channels, and voila All ready to view. otherwise it says ‘no signal’ on the TV

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back