Satellite reception in the south of France (1 Viewer)

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
We're just north of Bordeaux and for the first time while we've been away I like to watch TV, but am unable to find Astra 28 satellite. Any suggestions. Thanks

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
North of Bordeaux you should be ok, we were a month ago. As soon as you are south the ******** switch cuts in and it's Sky News etc. Using Roadpro dome.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We're just north of Bordeaux and for the first time while we've been away I like to watch TV, but am unable to find Astra 28 satellite. Any suggestions. Thanks
Are you up to speed with the changes which occurred earlier this year? The footprint for getting BBC in particular has drastically reduced.

Break out the backgammon!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Must admit I was pleasantly surprised that without the t.v. Lady Codger and I could still hold a sensible conversation, well it was until the vin rouge cut in :D

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We picked up mainstream Freesat channels (just) at Poitiers a couple of weeks ago, but by the time we got to Biarritz it was just Sky News and junk channels.

Have you tried searching for a signal while it's tuned to Sky News, which you could probably pick up on Alpha Centauri?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back