Satellite receiver recommendations please (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've decided to take our Multimo portable satellite dish to Ireland for a holiday next month ... well hopefully we'll be able to use it to keep an eye on the weather and news.

We don't at present have a receiver though - we only want something basic and obviously one that can work off 12v or be converted to do so. Not planning on spending a fortune so no HD or record facility is required and preferably not expensive either as if we find it a bit of a pain we might not use it again!

So can anyone recommend one please ... :Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the basic kit as sold in Lidl and Aldi is an excellent box to begin with. bear in mind most of the cheap boxes available are just rebadged comag made units

although not in the offers lists currently, you can usually pick one up on ebay for about £20 to £30. dont forget to get a cheap satellite meter to help you align the dish too

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Satellite

I have a new and unused Technomate one, with box, remote and so on - you can have it if you want it - just give me a fiver for my sponsored 5km swim for the children's hospice.

I work in York so it might be fairly close by if you wanted to pick it up.

Russell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oooooo ... I've PM'd you Rapide561 :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back