Satellite Receiver for Zahora (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have a Neta Dome satellite and dedicated receiver fitted and know this will be of no use when I travel south in around three weeks time. I understand I can plug into the site system and wonder if a Sky receiver will act as a freesat tuner.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have a Neta Dome satellite and dedicated receiver fitted and know this will be of no use when I travel south in around three weeks time. I understand I can plug into the site system and wonder if a Sky receiver will act as a freesat tuner.

Not sure on that one Larry...

If no answers by the morning I`ll ask Garry or Bryan.. they are both switched on Sat wise.. :thumb:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Not sure on that one Larry...

If no answers by the morning I`ll ask Garry or Bryan.. they are both switched on Sat wise.. :thumb:

Thanks Mo , you are a gent :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No mate.. it is fed round the site as a straight forward UHF signal...

About the only way to get Sky right down there is use a big dish.. A metre dish might do it but 1.2m would be better

believe me, when you get there, there is usually so much going on all you use the tv for is a bit of back ground while you eat ( maybe ) and something to send you to sleep last thing at night !

You will need a lead with a standard male brit television plug on one end ( or whatever attaches to your van ) and a female at the other end to plug in to your wall ( you will see what I mean about wall ! :winky: )

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi Larry
When we were in benidorm in October we plugged into site sky using aerial lead, but I could still use my dreambox as a freesat box. So I think your sky box will pick up quite a few programmes.
You use it on tv to connect to their sky system
And switch to AV setting for your Sky box, well it worked for me.
Good luck and have a great time you lucky lot out in the sun.:Smile:

[/

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Larry
When we were in benidorm in October we plugged into site sky using aerial lead, but I could still use my dreambox as a freesat box. So I think your sky box will pick up quite a few programmes.
You use it on tv to connect to their sky system
And switch to AV setting for your Sky box, well it worked for me.
Good luck and have a great time you lucky lot out in the sun.:Smile:

[/

Thank you, I had a feeling it might.
We were going last year and then the cancer scare stopped me but all gone and away to the sun for a month :Cool:::bigsmile:

Larry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry peeps.. There really is no Sky signal fed through the system at Zahora

well, not unless you park down near the compound at the bottom and plug in to one of their huge dishes !!

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry peeps.. There really is no Sky signal fed through the system at Zahora

well, not unless you park down near the compound at the bottom and plug in to one of their huge dishes !!

Hiya, would the signal be from a satellite system which would provide a signal for a freesat box as opposed to Bskyb

Larry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No mate..
It works like this

The site has a big sat system
The dish's feed in to a sat receiver that has multi inputs and outputs
The outputs are fed into a multiplex system and then distributed around the site ( in the same way a communal system is done on flats )

So what you get out of the socket is totally unrelated to the sat system as such

You get quite a few channels ( pretty much all english ) and you tune your telly in the same way as you would at home.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
No mate..
It works like this

The site has a big sat system
The dish's feed in to a sat receiver that has multi inputs and outputs
The outputs are fed into a multiplex system and then distributed around the site ( in the same way a communal system is done on flats )

So what you get out of the socket is totally unrelated to the sat system as such

You get quite a few channels ( pretty much all english ) and you tune your telly in the same way as you would at home.

Thanks , I appreciate that :thumb:

Larry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back