Satellite problem. Oyster Sat Dom 50 ST (1 Viewer)

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
First time out with new van and system that has been working well for two weeks down here in Devon & Cornwall until tonight when it can't seem to lock on and continues to whirl around. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting but no joy. We have been connected to Astra 2

Any ideas?

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
As I happens yes!
We are on a club site in the centre of Totnes and we have seen tall trees alongside and we are in a valley. As we are trying to connect to satellite I didn't think it shouldatter ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Do you have line of sight from van/dish to approx satellite position? Are the tall trees in the way? Does the dish have auto skew? If the dish has recently worked ok elsewhere, presumably it could be your current position which is the issue (can you move the van to test?). When we had a van with sat dome (no auto skew) we were on a site in a valley with trees etc and couldn't get a lock on. My Dad's Oyster was the same at said site. Both worked at other sites.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Trees....I hate trees.....well I love them really.....but when I want to watch the Footie they are always there to cause Satellite problems. I would look at this being the root cause of your problem. :LOL:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I carry a chain saw.. (y)

joking of course.. but I did see a German guy cutting branches down on a Spanish site .. :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back