driving

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
doncaster southyorkshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
can anybody help I have a glomex satellite system and it will not lock onto astra 2 does anybody know of a dealer or a service department for them that are based in the uk as they are an italian company thanks
mark

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Any idea when it was last used successfully ?
If it was last year, then I am afraid you will need to either replace the controller or MAYBE you can get it reprogrammed

Sometime early last year the channel almost all the automatic systems was turned off on the satellites ( It was a BBC channel )

OP
OP
D

driving

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
doncaster southyorkshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
can anybody help I have a glomex satellite system and it will not lock onto astra 2 does anybody know of a dealer or a service department for them that are based in the uk as they are an italian company thanks
mark

the system has only been fitted 10 weeks ago and it was used last week
thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndrewandShirley

Free Member
Jun 3, 2012
Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We have the same problem atm with our Glomax.

We can lock onto Astra 1 and Hotbird but not Astra 2.

Planning to move the van tomorrow and try elsewhere on the site.

OP
OP
D

driving

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
doncaster southyorkshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
we have already tried this even outside my house. ours locks on to astra1 and hotbird too. do you know of a service department for glomex in the uk

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I believe the Glomex uses a fairly standard control box.. I would suggest contacting Robert Jackson .. Him and his son are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable

If your controller can be reprogrammed, they will know !

http://www.jacksonsuk.com/

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have posted this before but worth a second viewing
Sat systems use computer logic and if it already knew where astra two was and you ask it to look again it may well work out,the fact that you have asked it to find it, it must not be where it thought it was and so wont look there ever again:RollEyes:
Best solution is pull the plug and kill all power to it to erase all memory and allow to re boot and start search again
May not work if you have a fault but it has cured quite a few that thought they had a fault

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
sorry to but in but thought id save a new post on similar subject im on a site near pembroke and cant get a signal on my free view tv the flying saucer shaped dish/ariel on the roof has a status power pack in cab but nowt happening it works at home but had same prob easter near Tenby too.
I even tried an arial we use at home with 2 pull out arms and with a plug in booster though its an indoor type
Is there something i can do/try to make it pick up a signal others here have similar arials as well as some nasa looking dishes etc.
if no go then it looks like a big nasa type dish set up will be needed but why would manufacturers fit a crapy flying saucer type arial with status power pack if it cant pick up nowt when not in sight of a mast .

Only concerned because swmbo and young un want thier progs if as expected rain comes and we spend a bit of time in MH and i miss family guy !::bigsmile::thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
sorry to but in but thought id save a new post on similar subject im on a site near pembroke and cant get a signal on my free view tv the flying saucer shaped dish/ariel on the roof has a status power pack in cab but nowt happening it works at home but had same prob easter near Tenby too.
I even tried an arial we use at home with 2 pull out arms and with a plug in booster though its an indoor type
Is there something i can do/try to make it pick up a signal others here have similar arials as well as some nasa looking dishes etc.
if no go then it looks like a big nasa type dish set up will be needed but why would manufacturers fit a crapy flying saucer type arial with status power pack if it cant pick up nowt when not in sight of a mast .

Only concerned because swmbo and young un want thier progs if as expected rain comes and we spend a bit of time in MH and i miss family guy !::bigsmile::thumb:

The Status "omni-directional" (flying saucer) aerial should be called the "Oh-My-No-Direction-At-All-Aerial" unless you are very close to a transmitter. I have a directional Status antenna on my current van with the Status "booster" but that is also not so brill. Sometimes I get a stronger signal/picture just by putting my finger directly onto the TV antenna socket rather than plugging in the "Status"....

Sat TV is the way to go. Especially now with digital TV it's "ALL OR NOTHING" especially on terrestial.....

For years I have used a normal sky dish (small 60cm "NASA" dish) on a tripod with a flex in through the skylight, total cost £35. Perfect picture from the north of Scotland to the south of France. Average set up time, 5 minutes.

Now I have an automatic sat dome just so I don't need to go out in the wet to set the sat TV setup. But for £35 you can get a picture anywhere...........

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Thanks Callumwa that makes sense :thumb:
Imist a dish deal in Aldis the other week anywhere else for a reasonably priced new one ? and how much roughly to replace the toy one on roof for a decent fixed type ? thanks :Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Do some research and shop around for one of these
Buy once buy right

Good = no cheap
Cheap = no good
stand buy for dozens of alternative suggestions
Geo

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Thanks Callumwa that makes sense :thumb:
Imist a dish deal in Aldis the other week anywhere else for a reasonably priced new one ? and how much roughly to replace the toy one on roof for a decent fixed type ? thanks :Smile:

Many people use the sets from Aldi Lidl etc, and they work fine, sometimes you can get them for £40 or £50 including the dish and the 12V receiver, great value. As I mentioned I used to use a sky dish on a tripod outside the van with an old sky box for years, I got a picture everywhere without fail.:thumb:

Now I have one of these domes, the dish and controller cost just over a grand.

Link Removed

It was fitted by Dave Newell.

I have a Freesat 12V High Definition receiver like this, very small, very light, super HD picture for £60. You can also record to a USB stick.

dyon-snap.png

Takes an average 45 seconds to get a signal and be up and running.:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back