Satellite Dish (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Perhaps consider getting a Sky mobile sim. This allows use of your account in the UK and EU (at the moment). I'm saving my unused data in the piggybank scheme for use in EU in January. You can also buy one off data bundles if needed and change your monthly subscription to fit your need. And no I'm not a Sky salesman! Happened by good luck to be a Sky mobile customer and it looks like they will not be limiting data use in the EU. Fingers crossed.
Unlimited streaming on sky apps as well, not sure if this would work with a mifi though, perhaps someone can tell us.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
I use Sky sim because any unused data gets rolled over into your piggy bank and that builds up and it their for 3 years.

So far I’ve accumulated 750GB of data and I then spread when needed between phones, tablets and MoHo.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Has anyone had any issues streaming sky go in Europe since January? I just read on the Sky mobile website that streaming sky apps in Europe is not allowed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Has anyone had any issues streaming sky go in Europe since January? I just read on the Sky mobile website that streaming sky apps in Europe is not allowed.
Been watching F1 on the Sky Go app in southern France.
I have a Sky Mobile sim in the phone and it’s been OK'ish.
Lots of break up in the pictures due, I think, to a very busy local mast.
Good pictures on practice days but race days with lots going online to watch, have been frustrating.

PS. My Sky sim is registered to the U.K. so that might be the reason it works.
If you bought a local sim in another country you might have problems.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Well all this talk of streaming is the future does not work for me! I bought an unlimited Vodafone data card for Portugal and it’s forever buffering making the tv almost unwatchable. There has to be a better way!
I have been open minded about streaming and like you thought it might be the future even though we have an Oyster V installed. Not in our view as even within the UK streaming has not been good on probably 1/2 the times we tried to use it.
Plus if I am going to watch something (generally F1 or Golf) I would want to see it in HD not having to be mindful of the data usage. Now a particular concern within the EU.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
You’ll have no issues with Sky Go in Europe

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Lots of views there I have an Oyster V and a MiFi ariel with a sim (Smarty) had times when one was better than he other, My Oyster does work in S Spain (85cm dish, auto skew) but was expensive (£2345) so in the end you take the choice.

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
Had a 85cm Quicksat fitted by Falcon 2 years ago and so far been its been very reliable. We got two decoder boxes with it and we got UK tv down as far as Gibralter early 2020. It was on Astra 2 down to Barcelona then 907 from there . Yes it was limited program choice on 907 but we found if the internet was good we got more choice thru the laptop.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Never had a problem with our Oyster V with Autoskew + sky+HD box in Spain & Portugal we do have a wifi for when it’s to windy for dish also digital aerial 😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back