Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I am sitting on Lyndon top trying to get my satellite dish to pick up a satellite with anything other than Sky news. The ruddy thing goes around and around up and down but refuses to lock on now. It did earlier this afternoon but suddenly went off during the heavy rain. Now it will not pick it up again but only the other Astra one. One program only sky news. I have had nothing but trouble with this particular dish set up since I bought it. It refuses to pick up any satellite here but did in Northern France when it is only meant for UK only and will not get anything over there????????? It is a SATFI UK model.. waste of time buying it and when I tried to get them to look at it I was told it was a discontinued model and tough luck no warranty on it. The company I bought it from were totally not interested and it is well out of warranty now. It may ‘be the the Astra satellite has changed frequency or something but the whole pile of poo is a total waste of £750.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
A few years ago we bought a Glomex on special offer and it worked great untill our 1st trip abroad,right on Dover seafront with clear blue skies it got the satelite in seconds then just as quick it went off. I spent the next day at Wissant on the roof messing about with the squew on another beatiful clear day, allen key in one hand and and mobile in the other getting instructions from the very helpful guy at Miriad products The fellow M/Homers thought I was a Satelite technigtion.All to no avail. So our 1st trip abroad was fruitless but we had great weather. We even got a reprogram download from Glomex still to no avail. So we are on our 3rd Glomex they replaced 2 that would not reprogram, to be fair Miriad were very good and so were Glomex technical. It is currently sat on our wardrobe in our spare bedroom as we never got it fitted to this van as the firm(recomended by the dealer we got van off) who took it off our last van made such a mess of it we were supposed to use them to refit but decided to find someone more professional,Hence it still sitting there. We are about to change van again and are wondering whether to bother as the coverage abroad has dimished so much, we can get more reliable tv on Wifi. The free stander dish we use in the UK is more faffing but at least you can move it around as against the fixed spot you end up on on the Aries/Site. So may decide to sell it, I tried it out on drive last year and it was still picking up Astra. The juries out.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Just a point is it not searching as if it's in your last location, can you not reset it back to factory settings and start from new rather than let it just search with previous history.
A bit like deleting your history on the computer.

Just a thought.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Just be careful, we had problems with our dome and I did a factory reset just before reading the instructions which categorically recommend NOT to do a factory setting and ended up with German channels only. Took it back to the dealer who fixed it for free.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As you are in the UK why not use terrestrial channels?

Don't tell me you haven't got an aerial, all Hymers have built in aerials even if you can't see it. It does need to be plugged into the TV and you need to turn on the 5v Antenna power on the TV to power the aerial amp. Don't be surprised if it's not plugged in most UK dealer don't have a clue.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
As you are in the UK why not use terrestrial channels?

Don't tell me you haven't got an aerial, all Hymers have built in aerials even if you can't see it. It does need to be plugged into the TV and you need to turn on the 5v Antenna power on the TV to power the aerial amp. Don't be surprised if it's not plugged in most UK dealer don't have a clue.

I never knew Hymer’s had a built in tv aerial, I know mine has a amplified radio aerial.
Must look for it (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back