satellite dish lnb

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by walburga, Aug 15, 2009.

1. walburga

walburga Funster

Ratings:
    +190
    I've been given a sat dish which I hope to use in Spain. It's an offset dish, 1.2 m high X 1.1 m wide, but the lnb and its clamp are missing.
    I've seen a couple of items on ebay which may be suitable as replacements, but I'm no expert, so what do the experts think ?
    The lnb arm of my dish is a long section of 30 mm x 20 mm steel tube.

Would a 40 mm lnb adaptor ring, commonly used to enable up-graded lnb's to fit a 'sky dish' arrangement, fit my lnb arm ?
    And, would a 'Smart 0.1dB Single Titanium (3rd Edition) TS Universal LNB' be suitable for my dish ?

The items I've seen are sold at / by this guy :- (not sure how to post a link).

eBay My World - systemsat_direct

regards
    Allen

2. andycotterell

andycotterell

Ratings:
    +1
    Are you anywhere near a branch of Maplin's? They're usually quite knowledgeable about this sort of thing and they can supply all the parts.

3. walburga

walburga Funster

Ratings:
    +190
    Went into Maplins Preston on Friday. They all stared at each other and offered to sell me a new dish, as well as giving me some rubbish about not receiving a sat signal on the french med coast without a 2 metre dish ! I've been watching most channels with a zone 1 sky dish, drifts a little after dark, but acceptable.

Where's sat guy man, he'll know ?

Allen

4. andyman

andyman Funster

Ratings:
    +904
    Have a look at Ebay item number 350207601755, it comes with all the diferent adaptors to fit diferent tubes. You can tape up the spare conections.

Andy