Satellite Dish Alignment Help Please (1 Viewer)

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We will be living in the van throughout the winter while we house hunt in darkest Somerset. We have never bothered with TV in the van before, but the thought of a winter with no Corrie is too much for SWMBO to live with, so we need to have a dish / tripod set up to ensure reception wherever we find ourselves.

We have bought a Cello 24" TV with both Freeview and Freesat decoders on board and I've watched the set up video's on You Tube, but I still have a simple problem. According to the blurb the DB Meter which is temporarily fitted between the LNB and the Co-Ax going to the TV should light up as soon as the TV (receiver) is switched on, however this does not happen. The CO-Ax is connected to the TV with an "F" type connector to the DVB-S2 port which is labelled "to connect a satellite signal" which makes sense BUT the DB Meter says it need a DC input (Max 18V) to work. I have always assumed that no DC is supplied via an antenna output from a receiver, am I wrong in thinking this?

I think if I can get the meter to work then the rest of the set up will be a piece of cake, so can the technically adept on Motorhome Fun help me please,

Mr Tinca

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi if you go to the settings menu and select Auto Tuning or DVB-S Manual Tuning this will switch power on for the LNB and then search for Sat and Ch
Phil

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Bingo.........many thanks Phil, simple when you know how 'innit :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have always assumed that no DC is supplied via an antenna output from a receiver, am I wrong in thinking this?
The LNB on the dish requires 13 to 15 v to work and it switches between a lower and higher voltage to change between horizontal and vertical polarization

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Go with a firestick and unlimited sim. If your planing on using a tripod the wind will move the dish, trees will block the signal etc. Do you fancy sorting it out when its peeing down.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Go with a firestick and unlimited sim. If your planing on using a tripod the wind will move the dish, trees will block the signal etc. Do you fancy sorting it out when its peeing down.
A couple of simple luggage straps and long tent pegs stops any movement.
Never had a problem after strapping the tripod down.
Trees down change position and obviously you would set the dish with clear line of sight so trees aren't a problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back