williamb

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Can anyone tell me why I cannot get BBC chanels on my scy sat box anymore. I only seem to be able to get sky news and a couple more channels I do not subscribe just get the free chanels.:Eeek:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we use a spare sky box without subs and have no encrypted BBC channels no probs ( assuming your in the UK and not South of France ).
?

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
1st question in reply...

Where are you at the moment?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
williamb

williamb

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
When I tried to get the channels I was in Leon Spain I have not tried it since.:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if abroad just use the diggi tv ,get local stations and use the remote to find other languages . we had english speaking tv just about every where we were this last winter . all over spain .

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You may have moved out the footprint area...
Could be as simple as that, so I would not mess with it to much, until you try from a new location, prefeable further North...

Off to look up Leon..:Smile:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
if abroad just use the diggi tv ,get local stations and use the remote to find other languages . we had english speaking tv just about every where we were this last winter . all over spain .

Tell us more please!
Are you saying all you need is a diggi tv and aerial ? How do you change language with the remote,and will it work in France or Germany as well as Spain?

Vlad

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
When I tried to get the channels I was in Leon Spain I have not tried it since.:thumb:
simple answer is that the satellite has been moved so you struggle to get sky anywhere south of northern france. as for digital terrestrial tv through an aerial, very few are broadcast in english in other countries. certainly not bbc1 etc intended solely for uk reception

strangely some of the hd channels are available further south on sky as they are sent through another satellite in the same general region of the sky but slightly higher up. plenty has been said about this on other threads dedicated to the problem before and after the satellite move in february

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
With the readjustment of the satellites you are now out of the footprint for BBC.

We lost all the BBC channels from Northern Spain, but the signal on all the Sky channels was much stronger, and some which were weak before came in across all of the Med including down to Sardinia, Sicily and Malta.

Some you win, some you lose..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back