Satellite data companies for existing install (1 Viewer)

TurboTas

Free Member
Apr 25, 2018
Funster No
Hi all, first posting so go easy on me!

Our motorhome has/will have an existing installation of a Teleco Dish with internet. The fitter says we will need to find our own data contract. This is fine, but I'm actually having trouble finding a provider that will sell us a monthly plan without also selling/fitting the whole system.

Does anyone have experience of getting a monthly satellite internet data contract for a system separate from buying the kit? I've googled a lot and there are a lot of companies out there but when I mention that I alsready have a system fitted, they seem to loose interest in selling me the data contract. Some suggestions of companies would be great!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Oyster have stopped manufacturing their Internet system due to decreasing availability of mobile broadband suppliers, and increasing costs for a deminishing service

I would suggest IP Copter in Germany or someine like Broadband Everywhere

OP
OP
T

TurboTas

Free Member
Apr 25, 2018
Funster No
That's great thanks - I'll give those two a try - cheers!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
As Eddie Van Bits says there are fewer and fewer ISP's for KU Satellite broadband but as long as you have the modem there are a couple of UK providers that will still give you a contract.

BeyonDSL (Bought out by Europasat now). These will give a flexible contract (like PAYG) but must admit, the guys at Europasat aren't massively clued up on the KU modems and setup so can be a little frustrating. Plus the website has nothing about mobile internet anymore so you would need to contact them by phone.
Web: www.satelliteinternet.co.uk

Broadband Everywhere. These will only offer a fixed contract over 12 months so not so great if you only use it 2 months a year but have more knowledge on KU than the guys at Europasat (from what I've seen) so could be a better shout.
Web: www.broadbandeverywhere.co.uk

P.S KU Broadband is transmitted on Astra 2 and Astra 3 so both companies will offer tarrifs on either. The best for southern Europe is Astra 3. You just need to make sure that your Satellite and Modem are setup for Astra 3 also.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back