Sat tv in Germany / North Italy. (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
New to sat tv, so please excuse ignorance. Tried tv in Germany and Italy, get statement on tv 'NO CI MODULE' and no response. What am i doing wrong???

OP
OP
Pikeman
Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Ok, so no free tv then? Not even news?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
What size of Satellite dish are you using ? is it automatic system and are you using a standalone sat decoder or a TV with an inbuilt decoder

OP
OP
Pikeman
Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Hi Neil, dish is about 80cms dia and the decoder is built into tv.
Keith

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Hi Neil, dish is about 80cms dia and the decoder is built into tv.
Keith
if the dish is locked onto ASTRA 2 and the tv has an inbuilt decoder you should be able to get SKY news even in italy , we certainly could with our 85cm dish and avtex tv .
if the tv is displaying NO CI MODULE you should be able to change this via the source button

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
And if you are on Astra 1 you will still get Sky News (international), and BBC World News (HD), available across most of Europe.
If on Astra 2, then you will get Sky News (SD), but not Sky News HD which is pay.

"NO CI MODULE" means you are trying to view an encrypted channel, and the box cannot find a viewing card or viewing card reader , required to view that channel.

OP
OP
Pikeman
Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Sourced Astra 1. Channel list has no sky news intl only sky news, which doesn't work also no bbc world news....scratching my head here!!!

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
If you are a Sky subscriber in the UK the new Skygo app for laptops etc is now unlocked for full European coverage, all you need is an onsite or personal wifi signal.

I'm currently sitting on the Cabo Mayor site in Santander watching Sky in full HD, no dish, no 28 degree orbit issue.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Sourced Astra 1. Channel list has no sky news intl only sky news, which doesn't work also no bbc world news....scratching my head here!!!

Sky News International is on Astra 1 satellites.
It is pretty much identical to the Sky News in the UK.
But it does not have adverts, or the UK time on the clock, and gives world wide weather during ad breaks.
BBC World News is only in HD...so if your TV is not HD, or your TV has the old SD version stored it will not work, until you can the correct frequency

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
If you are a Sky subscriber in the UK the new Skygo app for laptops etc is now unlocked for full European coverage, all you need is an onsite or personal wifi signal.

I'm currently sitting on the Cabo Mayor site in Santander watching Sky in full HD, no dish, no 28 degree orbit issue.

But only for 30 days, and then it needs to be connected to the internet via a UK IP address.
And no BBC ITV C4 or Five via Sky go since these are free and not covered by the EU rules which are only for subscription services

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
There's a bit of a loophole in that as the new EU directive forbids any restriction the 37 day limit is lifted if you have an active UK sky Q box either Wifi or ethernet connected. Surely the terrestrial channels can be access via their online sites such as the I Player and ITV Hub and it's easy enough to attach an HDMI lead to back of a TV?

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Surely the terrestrial channels can be access via their online sites such as the I Player and ITV Hub and it's easy enough to attach an HDMI lead to back of a TV?
Only if you use a VPN / Smart DNS service to hide the foreign IP address.

There's a bit of a loophole in that as the new EU directive forbids any restriction the 37 day limit is lifted if you have an active UK sky Q box either Wifi or ethernet connected.
The ruling is for mobile devices, phone table or laptop that use SkyGo. Makes no difference if you have SkyQ box or not, that is not a mobile device, since it will be the mobile device that is using SkyGo that is connecting via a foreign IP address, not the SkyQ box, which is not using SkyGo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back