sat tv at last !! (1 Viewer)

happytraveller123

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Funster No
second attempt at sat tv setup and its working ! so i would like to thank all the funsters who responded to my original post re:signal strength . i tried everything suggested but to no avail . i eventually uncovered the problem and the solution, so here it is, in the hope that it may benefit others who like me, try to set up a system using a old sky digibox given to them or bought off ebay / carboot etc . because they are originally designed to be used at home and therefore permantly plugged in ,they are continually being sent updated software signals to keep them functioning properly . when i checked with my mate (who gave me the box) it turned out it had been in the back of the cupboard for years !! so it needed resetting from scratch before i could even start to work on elevation angles etc . once i had done this via the remote and a 10 minute update it immediately kicked into life !! i am only getting channels 1-4 at the moment so i think i need a card now but compared to the other day it feels like a success . thanks again garry

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Great Stuff, well done. I tried to use my old sky box ages ago, got fed up and bought a new reciever. The sky box is back in the cupboard, I dont know why I shoud have thrown it in the skip.

Jim
:Smile:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
no card needed ;I used to have the £20 card but as it now gets you virtually nothing extra I didn't bother to renew when the new cards come out

leave the box plugged in for a bit to see if it starts working properly with all the channels , if it doesn't you need a new box , not a new card

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

happytraveller123

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Funster No
sat tv at last !

yes thanks for that now its been on for a bit it appears to have done a auto update and i now have more channels. result !!

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
sat tv

jaws john sorted ours out for us at peterborough. however last weekend i got it working 300 odd chanels but couldn t get chanels under300 said no signal what am i doing wrong? :Smile:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
sounds like another faulty box!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries