DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
More info needed. What Sat Nav.

If it is a Tomtom and loaded with a European map then, unless it is one of the new Go units, when you want to select a destination in say France, when you press Navigate to press the union jack top right and sart typing the country you want. Select it then you can enter as you do for Uk the name of the village etc.

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
What type is it
Garmins you dont have to do owt.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Steve Oraa

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I downloaded European maps and I have just done what you said and it comes up as Paris but the thing is, we are crossing to Le Havre and I need to plot a route to Roses in Spain and I'm confused man!

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Steve

Ok here goes

1 Tap Navigate To.

2 Tap the flag in the top right and then type S P and then tap Spain when it appears.

3 You will now see Madrid but with the curser on the top line Type Roses.

4 When Roses apprears below where you have typed Tap it to select it.

5 You can now type in the street name at the top etc etc

Its exactly the same as you do now for the UK except you need to change the Flag at the top right after you have tapped Navigate To so it knows what country to find the destination in.

Don't forget you will need to change the flag back to UK when you get back.

If you do it now then when you actually want to go Tap Navigate to then Recent Destinations where it will be listed.

Hope this helps

Doug

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Steve

I have just read your post and notice that you are crossing via Le Havre.

Can I just say that if you do the route now it will suggest via the Tunnel. What you do is

1 Tap the screen and and then tap Change the route

2 Tap Travel Via.

3 Select the ferry terminal you are going from.

It will then calculate a new route. If you look it will still suggest that when you get to Portsmouth you still travel via the Tunnel at Dover . You just ignore that and when you switch back on in Le Havre it will sort out its recommended route for you to Roses.

Last edited:

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Biggsy

It is amazing how many people have no idea how to work their GPS properly.

We have friends with one and they have no idea. It doesn't help that if it says Turn right he will turn left because he knows better and doesn't trust it.

Once SHMBO asked me to sort out the Tomtom to take her to the Excel Centre .

Off she went . I then got a desperate phone call to say it would not work out a route to get er home.

I realised what the problem was and sorted her out.

Our son had recently borrowed the Tomtom and I had set Home on it as the Hotel he was staying in in Orlando. No wonder it could not sort out a route Home for her. If it could have I wonder how far she would have got before she phoned me.

Doug

OP
OP
S

Steve Oraa

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi Doug, many thanks for your advice, I will do this, and thanks to everyone else. I'm still trying to understand this website so if I get it wrong, please be patient! I don't know if anyone can help me with a lighting problem that just happened. The light on the side where the sofa is flickered and went out. I changed the bulbthree times and it still didn't work. I checked the fuses and they are ok and strangely enough, the centre double light has also stopped working, yet the lights at the rear still do. As we are leaving tomorrow (2nd) I don't have the time to get it looked at. Can anybody help me?

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Steve.

Have a good trip.

Re the lights do a seperate post with a heading re lighting. Doing it tnis way people will know what the topic is.

All the best

Doug

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I've just got a new Nissan Qashqui and the fitted Sat nav is marvellous, if I take a wrong turn it doesn't spend the next 10 or 20 miles like my previous Garmin telling me to do U turns, it just recalculates and gets on with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back