Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
Back home from our first two weeks in the motorhome. Was using ipad for directions but still managed to get lost (when It was out of charge) and on another occasion it took us to a low bridge, we were never going to get under:Doh: so I was thinking of getting a sat nav. Can anyone recommend one, do they all allow you to input the size of your vehicle to avoid the low bridge problem, and will there be any problems with signals due to the overcab bed?

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
By no means do they all allow for inputting vehicle dimensions! Most do not. The ones that do tend to be expensive. There is The Snooper and certain sat navs aimed at truckers you may try looking at.
We have an overcab but the sat nav copes OK.
Wyn

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Have a look in archive posts on sat navs there is a big one on Chinese ones most are saying there ok for price and I am sure there was something about inputing truck dimensions

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I've just bought cheap chinese 7 inch screen truck type sat nav, very good value for £50. Yes you can put vehicle size put in and to a point works but it actually lets you take the turn into 6ft 6 inch road then immediately tells you that you have entered and lets you decide wether to carry on or turn around.
Very easy to route by address or postcode also you can put in map refs or co-ordinates. Seems to be good but I haven't used it enough yet to give an excellent report, also it states that in gives advanced lane guidance ( haven't checked that yet as over here on the Isle of Wight we all single carriageway.)
Several other members on this site can probably give a better report .
Terry:rain::rain::rain:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Link Removed
this is what i have got and a few others on here its works great and has loads of functions you can put the length and height in but no matter what sat nav you buy by experience always check road signs :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back