Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's called drive
Scroll across to the right to the menu , go down the list to here drive click on it, and away you go, you might have to download maps depending on what version you got but on most of them it's already done

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Tackle man

Deleted User
All thanks for valuable advice received.
I've just ordered the Snooper Ventura Pro sound DB8500 with DAB Digital Radio and free Lifetime Updates.
My appreciation with all replies. (y)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Has anyone else noticed that tomtom did not get a mention in this thread; not that I am singing their praises. I have spent for too many hours of my life figuring out updates and being told to use Firefox instead of chrome. I keep a detailed file of all the things I've figured out so I don't have to relearn it.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Personally I wouldn't waste money on a Snooper I had one and got a full refund it was bloody rubbish.
We use a £99 Halfords cheapy Garmin does exactly the same as the stupidly expensive Snooper.
However last month we downloaded Copilot onto the IPhone and used that on a 3000 mile trip around France Italy Germany Holland and Brlgium. It was at least as good as the Garmin and had much better options for route planning and has a motorhome setting.
Cost £34 I think so much cheaper than any satnav and far superior to TomTom or Snooper. Only downside the phone needs to be on a charge hookup as it murders the battery. (y)
Oops just saw you're already sorted

OP
OP
T

Tackle man

Deleted User
I appreciate your feed back Forestboy but I have had 3 Satnav over the years.
The first was very temperamental and was very often going wrong. It was called - The Wife!
The second was Navman that didn't allow all of the postcode so only got you within a stones throw so I then reverted to the first satnav to get to destination. Again, very temperamental.
The third was Snooper that I used most successfully since 2008. The only reason for purchasing a new one is because the 12v lead is no longer available. Tried Maplins but none of their plugs fit. AlsoI need a map update.
P.S We are still married after 42 years. :D(y):whistle:

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Thanks all sorted now. Barrie

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
And nobody mentioned the cheapie Chinese one. They are brilliant , oops I have (y)

Buy a brand new one updatedevery year for eight years and still have change in your pocket compared to a snoop pooper that will by then have given up the ghost :)

Last edited:

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
when my TomTom screen failed in Portugal last year I downloaded copilot onto my iPad and I'm really pleased with it.
Will copilot work with an IPad mini Retina display (same as iPad Air ) none cellular?

Night Owl

Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Nr York
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
20 years
Will copilot work with an IPad mini Retina display (same as iPad Air ) none cellular?

My understanding is that the ipad and ipad mini non cellular do not have gps and so it cannot work as a satnav.

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
My understanding is that the ipad and ipad mini non cellular do not have gps and so it cannot work as a satnav.
Thanks for the info night owl. Garmin nuvi it is then, it actually worked well for todays 56km trip from Arranches to Tinteniac.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Premium CoPilot Europe app - £35 - on iPAD

Cheap as chips!

GARMIN ok.jpg