sat here pissing down (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Sat here on site at portomao by the marina been raining all day needed to fill with fresh water but field waterloged, so rather than move put some containers under the run off points on the motor home, filled a 100 ltr tank in less than half an hour so 2euro saved as I only use the water in the tank for washing and shower toilet, so rain is no a bad thing now and again. I like to do a bit for the environment.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Raining in Portugal..........Never :D.
I must have been asleep when it snowed in Benidorm Mo. There was a scattering on the distant mountains the other day, the sun soon burned it off though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
My mum and dad have just got back from lanzarote for 2 weeks. It was freezing cold and rained most days too.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
It was bloody freezing in Benidorm last week. I'm glad we've moved further north and found some sun (y)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I saw a few mh collecting rain water from their vans. Good idea for washing.
We're in Quarteira, went to the water filing point, put in our 2 euro, filling our tanks merrily and a french man came and stood waiting with a bucket for it to be filled with any excess water.
We had friends there so asked them to get their containers for The excess. We were amazed that the french man was there waiting for any excess water With a bucket. Must have collected quite a bit of free water in a week

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It was bloody freezing in Benidorm last week. I'm glad we've moved further north and found some sun (y)

did you mean south ?

no matter..

where is the Beni 'micro climate' gone then ? :whistle:

I've always maintained Almeria is the best place for winter sun.. it also has the lowest rainfall..
..but there is nowhere on the peninsula that has all round warm winter sun.. for that you need to go further south..

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
If it was me I would be washing the van with the excess water, we have been on aires in Portugal and see people using the cassette washing water to fill their tanks rather than pay two euros, Last year we were staying on a aire by the French / Spanish boarder and quite a few vans left site a 5.30 in the morning before the council came to collect the fees and returned to use the services when they had left. {Tight B********}

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
[QUOTE="and a french man came and stood waiting with a bucket for it to be filled with any excess water.
We had friends there so asked them to get their containers for The excess. We were amazed that the french man was there waiting for any excess water With a bucket. Must have collected quite a bit of free water in a week[/QUOTE]

We'll have to ask Frankie what "free loading tosser" is in French :D Are you on the market aire at Quateria ? We had a look round it and the site over the road when we were visiting friends there last March. They rent an apartment for 6 weeks from November and have just returned yesterday for another 6 weeks. They said they only had two weeks good weather in November, but still warmer than here (y)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes. We were at that site until yesterday. Have to get off for the gypsy market for wednesday.,Peeing down a lot in this area. Still warmer than the uk as you said.
We're in Armacao de Pera . Peeing down again last night. Nice now though.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We have been at Cabo(Almeria) since October and have had 2 rainy days and 3 rainy nights even the wind has been good. There was a big blow mid Oct and another weekend before last otherwise its been great maybe a little chilly the last week or so. Your right Jim its the driest and warmest in Europe for over -wintering

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Best place is here. " City of the Sun ".
Weather people only forecast rain to give us farmers hope. Very rarely happens.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Freezing and steady rain all morning so far here in El Berro, Sierra Espuna...

I am OUT OF HERE...

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Nice site if you are into the campsite thing.

20150211_135629.jpg

20150211_135657.jpg

JJ :cool:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Mmm where is the velosolex these days JJ retired?
as to the OP " sat here pissing down", tis a sign of old age get used to it, hee heee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back