Sat dish upgrade advice please (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Nothing to agree to disagree about. It is illegal to decrypt a service you do not have permission to use.

PS
It would have been helpful for you to have responded to my points, not just keep repeating the same statement. Forgive me for not agreeing with "The Law according to Eddies interpretation of web waffle and not backed up by anything factual at all"....
Vans defiantly out. Off to polish my dish...

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just smiffy has this for sale

I am heading down to villasol for the 30th Dec and dont mind bringing one down with me if you are in that area, I use the Icecrypt S1600CHD box
Opps, just recently sold it....??

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
My take:

The Satback service on I907 is for commercial use (Arqiva), and not for public use.
Hence why it is encrypted (makes no difference if it is soft or hard encrypted or scrambled (different words same thing) - "it is soft encrypted and not actually scrambled " - it is encrypted).

Watching encrypted signals (even if they are free to air else where) without authorization or the correct method on decryption or using equipment to circumnavigate encryption (which is the terms used in the laws) is illegal. (UK and most other countries law).

Although paying your UK TV license fee entitles you to watch any live signals (not restricted to just fta or bbc) in the UK via satellite, terrestrial and internet, it does not entitle you to hack into encrypted signals that are not for public use. Hence why watching such is deemed illegal.
(in the same way paying the uk tv tax does not allow you to hack into all the uplink feeds used to relay from the studios to uplink centres etc which are for commercial use, not public)

"we do have permission to use that signal as it is for us" - so no you dont have permission to use it..., otherwise you would be issued with official cards / decryption.

(Although so far, as far as i know, no one has been prosecuted for doing so...)

So using the argument of "i have paid my uk tv license , so i am entitled to watch them", this does not mean that by paying the uk tv license you are also entitled to hack into Skys system and watch them channels also. Nor does "i have paid my uk tv license , so i am entitled to watch them" when you are in Spain, as the UK TV tax does not apply in Spain, as you are in Spain, which has not TV tax system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I go over the speed limit a little bit sometimes... I’m a perpetual law breaker.....?

Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I hear of lots people getting done for speeding but none for icecrypting enjoy uk tv

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back