Sat Dish Help (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Having a problem with our satdish. Before leaving home it was fine but now on the Costa Blanca at Guardamar and it just revolves. Don't have a card and normally we can still receive all the rubbish okay. Tried all the satellites and removed all joints in case of a dry connection. Other brits on site are managing. I have a Teleco with the 80cm dish. Which satellite would you advise. Can anyone help please.
Thanks, Wilf

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Lots of threads about this particular problem. Generally you won't pick up any UK TV in Spain unless you've got a Sky box (and subscription/card). The others are probably tuning to a different satellite but still unlikely to get UK TV. Why not go ask them?
Sorry, can't be of any more help.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As standard the Teleco system uses a rather middle of the road LNB..
To stand any sort of chance you will need to change it for something way better ( the lower the stated dB number the better .. I use a 0.1 )
Even then as already said, you will need a sky box and card and chances are very high you still will not get any BBC or ITV channels

Whilst down in southern Spain we got the full package ( 80cm Oyster ) from Sky apart from the beeb and ITV channels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I can't help except to say I think you are describing a fault with "finding" the satellite in the first place rather than failing to get programs because of subscription issues.

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
it just revolves
Just revolving means that its not locking onto any satellite, try Hotbird at 13 degrees east of south. Check your line of sight and all aerial connectors from and to dish, controller and receiver. failing that you may have an internal problem

May 9, 2011
Cheshire / Vale De Parra
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55
Exp
Since 2011
I had the same problem with my Teleco flats at 85cm twin lnb.always found a sat in Algarve, the problem was the cables had not been fitted correctly when transferred from previous motorhome and had twisted and snarled,had to be replaced on return to uk, hope your problem is not the same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We always suggest to people that are experiencing satellite problems to try to acquire Astra1 As Astra1 has a footprint that spreads across Europe, if your system (any system) works on Astra1 you can normally discount problems such as bad connections and power issues.

I agree that I would always ask what my neighbours are receiving before assuming that their getting BBC1 ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back