Sargent EC 500 Psu earth (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Had the van on charge overnight, .this morning the 2 hab batteries still wasn't fully charged, on further investigation the Sargent. panel readout showed one of them was only at 10v, oh poo thinks I it must be cream crackered, so I take it home and put it on my smart charger but it was fully charged within an hour. So it seems the battery is ok. I'm now thinking it's either the panel giving t h e wrong reading or it's a dodgy earth somewhere. Anyone know where the earth is for the sargent EC500 on an Autotrail Mohawk 2013?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
when you took the battery home did you check the voltage before putting it on charge.. I know you said it was charged within an hour ...but the battery could be done and not have any capacity..
can't help with the earth location , but this will bump it..
Andy

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Yes it was 12.6v so nearly fully charged, it's sat all night and showing 12.77v this morning so nothing wrong with it. Will investigate further next weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Voltage alone does not mean a battery is not cream crackered. If the plates have become sulphated the capacity of the battery can be much reduced. Sulphation often only affects parts of the plates, the unaffected parts will still reach and maintain the expected voltages but there may be no depth of charge. If the battery appears to charge up quickly it might well be a warning sign that large parts of it are not taking a charge.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Fair comment Pauism, I will get a load on it to see how much the voltage drops.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back