Sargent EC 328 power supply unit. (1 Viewer)

Organplayer

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Sept. 1995
We have a Sargent EC328 power suppy unit in our Auto Sleepers m/hme and when the charger is switched off, the light in the red switch on top of the unit stays lit even though the charger is off.
Can any kind soul tell me whether or not this should be a cause of worry or concern.
Eddie

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I don't know the unit but I would think it indicates mains power is connected and ready to go.
Unplug hook up and see if it goes out.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Here is the manual for info in case you dont have it..
file:///C:/Users/Steve/Downloads/EC325-User-Instructions-issue-02.pdf

I would agree with @pappajohn the switch will operate the charger being on/off BUT may also double as a warning that mains power is live to the Sargent unit. Dont see any point in actually turning off the Charger, why not leave it on all the time when on EHU.. The charger is regulated and will only top up the batteries when needed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

Organplayer

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Sept. 1995
Thankyou Tonka and Papajohn for your info. The m/hme had been at Marquis for solar panel installation and other work, came back with the EC328 with a fault in that the MCB for fridge,water heater and battery charger wouldn't stay in the on position. I don't know what they did to rectify the fault but all seems ok now except for the constant illumination of the main switch - battery charger on or off.
Once again thanks to you both for your interest.
Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back