LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I’ve picked up a pair of Sargent Rear View/Reversing cameras cheap. They have 6 pin DIN connectors. I don’t want them for my Moho as it already equipped, but to want to connect them into an existing cctv system, which has RCA connectors. Does anyone know the pinout connections that Sargent use?

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
I think they may waeco cameras with 6 pins, do a search for 6 pin to rca connectors, i have seen them
advertised just can't remember where!!!. A lot of vehs pre wired use the six pin cables.

Karl

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
6 pin Din plug camera wiring

Untitled.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I recently swapped out a park safe camera that had 6 pin mini din and the wiring was as follows.

Pin 1: reversing light supply
Pin 4: gnd
Pin 5: +12V (ignition)
Pin 6: Video in.

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Thank you for your responses. As I feared, different makes have different pinouts!

I think they may waeco cameras with 6 pins, do a search for 6 pin to rca connectors, i have seen them
advertised just can't remember where!!!. A lot of vehs pre wired use the six pin cables.

Karl

Thanks KARL, I have seen them from China on eBay, I was going to get one of those to connect, but still have to work out which plug does where. I assume if I put 12v across the wrong pins, it will damage the camera.

6 pin Din plug camera wiring

View attachment 225301

Maybe there is a way of testing the resistance across different pairs of pins that might give a clue as to which one is the power supply?

I recently swapped out a park safe camera that had 6 pin mini din and the wiring was as follows.

Pin 1: reversing light supply
Pin 4: gnd
Pin 5: +12V (ignition)
Pin 6: Video in.
@Borderland is the pin numbering system the same as the lorex One in @scotjimland ’s post?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Maybe there is a way of testing the resistance across different pairs of pins that might give a clue as to which one is the power supply?

not sure if you could identify that way.. but the 12v+ should be on Pin 1 that is the most important.

Untitled2.jpeg

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Nice to see these posts as I want to connect additional front and rear cameras to my existing Hymer fitted Waeco system. It would be good if somebody had the actual Waeco wiring connections as I do not think there is a standard. @Borderland pin-out is slightly different to the Lorex picture above. The Lorex accessories do not seem to be available in the UK and very little is available here in the South of France. I also need to find a switch so as to be able to switch between the two extra cameras. Probably pin 1 & pin 5 can be checked with a multimeter so it may not be such a problem. Just getting hold of the 6 pin connector so as not to have to splice into the cable.
Steve

Deleted User
Thank you for your responses. As I feared, different makes have different pinouts!

Thanks KARL, I have seen them from China on eBay, I was going to get one of those to connect, but still have to work out which plug does where. I assume if I put 12v across the wrong pins, it will damage the camera.

@Borderland is the pin numbering system the same as the lorex One in @scotjimland ’s post?
The pin out numbers I have used are as per this.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MiniDIN-6_Connector_Pinout.svg
That is looking at the pin end of the male plug rather than the end where the wires are soldered to the plug.

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
found them !!!!

Waeco-cable-adaptors-twin-03.jpg

You can get an adapter then from 4 pin to rca plugs BROKEN LINK

Karl

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Well that was quick. Sold, delivering at Peterborough. @RanC - this is the thread with the advice

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back