LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
We're planning to roll down from Brittany (our home) to Northern Spain and maybe even Northern Portugal towards the end of next month. We will wait for the French Holidays to pass (the roads are much quieter). However the plan is mainly using non-toll and aires du repose (cheapskate me) do any funsters have any recommendations?

Our current plan is:
Saintes
Ondres
Elephant Park (Santander)
Santilla de Mar
Potes
Oviedo (Via Cangas)
Leon
Lugo
Santiago de Compostela
Vigo
Braga
Porto
Porto
Vila Real
Leon
Burgos
Vitoria
San Sebastian
then home via Bordeaux.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Santiago de Compostela - stay overnight at the aires in Millidoiro, and then drive into the Park and Ride in the morning to visit Santiago de Compostela. Millidoiro is a lovely town with the cheapest Tapas bars iin the world. 4 bars, drink and tapas = 20 euros!

Cabarcino - the elephant park is indeed beautiful. Peaceful aires, overlooking the lake with elephants in the background!

Don't have any information on the others, but we stayed at:
Porto Covo,
Setubal,
Cascais,
Fatima,
Vila de Conde
Ortegeira,
Cangas de Onis,
Bermeo,

Hope this helps (y)

OP
OP
Augusta08

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Brilliant! Thanks for that Geraldine I'll look them up in Camperstop, I'd already thought Mialdaiiro would be the overnite to use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Potes has an aire (allegedly) but we didn't find it. The coordinates dropped us in the middle of the N621!!!
It's worth a drive up to Fuente De. Many people stay in the big parking area near the Cable Car.

If you're driving to Canvas via the N621 and N625 it's an interesting route. We came over the other way last autumn. Canvas has an aire and services but it's just a tarmac car park. We found a new aire in Oviedo, following the signs from one of the roundabouts as we approached.

If you drive over to Leon on the N630 there's an aire at a ski area. If you drive over the road that crosses the Puerto de Ventanas there are quite a few Aires up the valley from Teverga onwards.

See my posting from our trip last year.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/10-days-in-asturias.117113/

Most of the places we stayed at are in Camper Contact. Any that you can't find, if you're interested in them, ask again and I'll try to give more details.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back