Santa Pod drag racing (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2014
Fife
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 2012
We are thinking of taking in a weekend meeting in July as there is a campsite at the track.
Just wondering if anyone has done it with their motorhome and how was their experience. Not expecting the facilities to be brilliant as camping is free but are they tolerable ?
Look forward to any replies.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
sounds like the sort of thing Old Mo would be into

running around in womens clothes:ROFLMAO: Drag+Racing_5b95a9_3962734.jpg

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
why not put it up as a mini meet and see if others want to join you xxxx

good luck xxx and have fun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
You won't have any problem at pod unless it's a nationals
I go 2 or. 3 times a year but I get in as pit crew so can't advice on price for public camping I think some just turn up and pay on gate for a week end pass
Have look on line
If it's a major meet it will be very busy there is a bar toilets showers and usually a band on
If you not been before it's well worth it
Ps
I love it Elaine hates it during day but she likes the night life

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We went to a meet there last year about 6 / 7 vans and had a fantastic time facilities ok not that we used them much. A couple of us took motorbikes and rode the track on the Sunday it was brilliant.
Go for it you'll have a great time.:thumb:

Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
Santa Pod

We have been there a few times with the RV.
I would suggest you check the history of the meeting that you are thinking of going to first as they have had several 'Rain offs' where they are unable to run anything due to the rain, you will find the previous meets info on their website.

There are essentially 2 areas to pitch in one is the general area which can be a little busy & noisy (no not from the cars - the funfair & alcohol levels). The second area is called Family/Quiet area, which is situated at the back of the pit area & you have to tell the entrance people that is where you wish to go, as they give you an additional sticker to get you right through the site.

The site is pretty level but there are bits which will get boggy if it rains as everyone drives through the same bit etc. No pitch layout just park where you want & use as much space as you want too.

Pretty poor water supply & not very adjacent to the Family area, toilets are the portaloos on the camp site with better ones at the track side, no shower facilities in general parking but there is a decent washroom/shower area in the middle of the pits which are open to all.
Grey/Black waste was dumped into very large plastic tanks around the site (RV's would need a macerator) You need to be able to lift the cassette about 3ft in the air to empty its contents.

It is described as the loudest motor sport on earth and so you will need ear defenders especially if they are running top fuel vehicles.

If you are a member of the Caravan club they did offer a discount on their posted prices too.
We have also attended with the Grand children who like going to "The Noisy cars" they have other things going on which catches the attention of the children -stunt riders cycle or motorbilkes, Monster trucks driving over & crushing cars & Titan the Robot and also a resident clown (although the children thought he looked a bit odd).

We have enjoyed the weekends there but you need to have sufficient supplies with you as the POD shop is limited in its stock and shops are not very near.

Regards

Arthur:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Yes".... we go quite often... fabulous weekend`s if your into...

Noise - Nitro and fast cars.... we love the bikes.... funny car`s and full blown dragster`s...

The ground shakes and vibrates when the Dragsters go down the strip....

Super , brilliant, fantastic ... weekend of racing down the strip...

Try and get there early to grab the best camping spot...

One of the few sports you can walk round the pit`s and get up close to the cars ETC...

This is the best meet of the year, In my opinion.. = Thu 4th
Fri 5th
Sat 6th
Sun 7th
FIA/FIM European Championships - The Finals The European Finals
The Final Round – The championship finals event attracting over 250 of Europe’s top drag racing teams including 300mph Top Fuel Dragsters, FIM Drag Bikes, jet cars, air displays, stunts, monster trucks, traders, sideshows and more family entertainment.

More details of meets here = http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php

Take some ear defenders... :thumb:

OP
OP
Dochie
Apr 30, 2014
Fife
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for the replies guys they helped to make up my mind.
Booked today for the Dragstalgia weekend in July, I picked this meeting because its the old cars that wheech my kilt up.:Smile:
Has to be great value for money, 3 nights camping, two days racing and two live bands, so with the Caravan Club discount its just over £50 for the two of us.

Maybe see some of you there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back