Saner tag and trailer (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
just a quick question , will I be able to use my sanef tag in France this June if I am towing my smart car behind my mh ,or am I classed as a lorry for toll purposes ?

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Brilliant thanks ,with a little poetic license I fit under the 3500 weight limit ( I can't lie I don't :D ) but was ok last year with being just a little over 150 kg so hopefully will be ok this year with the toad . Many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
there is a different tag that Sanef Tolling UK recommends for larger vehicles (https://www.eurotoll.eu/ )
but I decided that as our M/h is over 4 tonne we would send it back and try to use Autoroutes a lot less as I didn't fancy paying class 3

AND as I don't need modified driving controls can't claim the disabled class 1

Last edited:

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
you will be charged class 3 because you have more than two axles, we get it all the time, I tow my car in france on an a-frame our motor home is over 3500 mine was a paper exercise via SV-tech took me to 3850, they can't measure your weight, i am over 3 meters. As we speak i am rectifying that ( taking my dome of the roof, and fitting low profile fold down sat system (teleco), but because of all this i usually use Tollticket's tag, you pay more but you are legal. if i don't tow car i use sanef.(y)

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
If you are less than 3 metres high you'll have no problems at Class 2.

Above that height the problems start.

We will be 3.3m our caravan was 2.8m so sailed through used to love using the tag as the gates almost never had a queue and we never had to stop ordinarily as long as we slowed down enough to give the system time

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
you will be charged class 3 because you have more than two axles, we get it all the time, I tow my car in france on an a-frame our motor home is over 3500 mine was a paper exercise via SV-tech took me to 3850, they can't measure your weight, i am over 3 meters. As we speak i am rectifying that ( taking my dome of the roof, and fitting low profile fold down sat system (teleco), but because of all this i usually use Tollticket's tag, you pay more but you are legal. if i don't tow car i use sanef.(y)
Just an idea if I put it on my single axle trailer instead of the A frame do you think I would still incur class 3 ? It's then only like a car and caravan .

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Just an idea if I put it on my single axle trailer instead of the A frame do you think I would still incur class 3 ? It's then only like a car and caravan .
I have never got away with it, and i have a single axle trailer as well as the a-frame, hence taking the dome of to see if i can get under the 3 meter's, and see if that works.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Under 3500kg and under 3 metres even towing is class 2, see the links above.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back