Sanef Toll Tag (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
I use an Alis liber T here in France it's the same as sanef but a different company. This saves a lot of hassle at peages not having to find change or dig out credit/debit card and not having to sit in queues of traffic and if you are RHD and by yourself not having to reach across or even get out to pay the toll.
I don't know if you can get an Alis badge without a french bank account but if you can it will cost a one off payment of €20 unless you use the Alis network (A28) 15 times in the first 12 months.
I also use it in the car and on the motorbike.
BROKEN LINK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I use the Sanef Tag. Its inexpensive and very convenient. Even though we don't use tolls all the time the lack of waiting means that they're all the quicker. Tickets and payment always seem to be at exactly the wrong height for our van (Fiat Ducato) so the tag saves Mrs B lots of scrabbling and stretching.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Do they have any kind of sensors / height restriction ? Reason I ask is that our motorhome is 3.05mtr high - 5cm over their limit.
Story of my life !

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Do they have any kind of sensors / height restriction ? Reason I ask is that our motorhome is 3.05mtr high - 5cm over their limit.
Story of my life !
Not sure hopefully I'm slightly lower

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Had one for long enough for the original towear out! Wouldn't be without it. Mainly for buisness use in VW T5 van ( Non stop tolls are brilliant) Our van is sub 3m but 4 tonne and we've necer had a problem.

Malcolm

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Sounds like a good idea, but we're 3.05 metres due to the front vent cowling (or the sat dish) so if size matters that much we'd better wait a bit. I notice there's also an initial admin fee when you set up the account, and a small annual fee, but it looks worth it for the convenience alone.

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
I am waiting for it to stop raining to measure the height of the sat dish before i order

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We bought ours 6 years ago and have used it every year since - in our our car, camper van and mh. It is great not having to stop or fumble around for payment or wake up the front passenger them to pay. In addition, we've saved time cruising through the priority Liber-T lanes while others queue up - especially when coming back from skiing trips when the cash and card payment lanes are 20 cars deep and the Liber-T Lane is clear :)

We paid something like £15 plus £20 deposit and €1 each month it is used.

Last edited:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Eurotunnel recently wrote to me with an offer on a Sanef Tag.

http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/sanef-tolling/

No application fee.

Payments will be taken via Direct Debit

The annual and monthly fees would be £16 for a trip over 2 months for us (end of July to mid August) and £13 for subsequent years. That is on top of the toll costs. Our Liber-T would cost us €4 for the same period. I don't know how much it would cost to get one in France now, but the Eurotunnel deal doesn't look great value.

The official website has this available (see below). Open the page in Google Chrome for translation to English if required. There is a p&p of €15 but you should be able to avoid this if you wait until you get to France and buy one st one of the many Liber-T offices on the toll roads.

Broken Link Removed

If you can't return to France within 14 months, loan it to a trusted friend to use to avoid the €10 fee.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I could be wrong but I understand that you now need to register the tag to a bank. I therefore suspect you couldn't register on the French site and use a UK bank account.

Many use Eurotunnel despite it not being the cheapest crossing solution.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Mine is registered to my UK credit card. When are you planning to get one? I can enquire when we go to one of their offices to get the battery replaced on ours.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'll try and find out next week.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Mine is registered to my UK credit card. When are you planning to get one? I can enquire when we go to one of their offices to get the battery replaced on ours.

From Sanef website...

"Why have Sanef created this new service?
Having used the French motorways many times we have seen an opportunity to speed up travel for UK drivers and holiday makers. Whilst the Autoroutes are great roads, many people have been frustrated at not being able to use the automatic télépéage / tag lanes. These lanes save time because they avoid both queuing and having to keep Euro cash handy to pay tolls. Following a decision by the majority of French Toll Road Operators, new subscriptions must be via direct debit and existing credit card accounts will be phased out before the end of 2012.This means it is no longer possible for UK customers to register on French websites unless they have a French address and French bank account. NB: Add to that a requirement for a European Mobile number because 44 (uk) is not an option on their website.

So to enable UK customers to continue to use the Liber-t service, we have implemented a dedicated UK IT system and Customer Service centre in Harrogate to enable UK motorists to pay in GBP via direct debit from a UK bank account."

:whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back