Sanef toll tag & classification (1 Viewer)

ian_provo

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Premium 640
Exp
I have a Sanef toll tag fixed in my car (I used to be a caravanner until recently). So I presume I can use said tag in my motorhome as it’s 3500kg. What if I uprate to over 3500kg (which I am doing). Would the toll know by ANPR? Would I have to apply for the higher classification tag?
TIA

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I move my tag back and forth between my car and my motorhome as required as they are both class 2. If you uprate to over 3500kgs you can no longer use the same tag as you will be a different class. Would they know... ?

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think you will find that it is not charged on registration as you don’t give details when you apply for a tag? You are able to use it on multiple vehicles. 😊

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
No. A friend borrowed a car tag and used it for a months travel in his 3800kg motorhome. He experienced no issues so when he returned, he gave it back and got himself one. He's been using it for 18 maths with no issues.

Terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ian_provo

ian_provo

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Premium 640
Exp
Thanks all - I think I’ll chance it. Should we ever get over the channel!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
I’ve had the French and the Spain/Portugal versions for 3 years. Both worked fine on my Shogun and in 2018/2019 on my AT Delaware at 4.5t 3m high.

French one worked as usual last year on the van, as did the Spain/Portugal one in both countries until September 2019. The Spanish tolls failed to recognise the tag after that, the automatic detector at the toll just double beeped and since I’d gone through I was stopped at the exit without a ticket twice! Discussions then ensued ;).

The supplier in UK said the tag was working fine, so I suspect the tolls were changed and able to detect my vehicle size etc.

I’ve returned the Spain/Portugal tag to the supplier as I intend to travel sans tolls in future where possible and will just pay at the toll where that route is essential.

Still not sure the tag wasn’t faulty (they say not) but not worth stress at the tolls if it doesn’t.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back