Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Hi all

When using the sanef tag in France do you get charged a transaction fee for each toll?, or is it just the once at the end of the month?

Andy

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
I assume that I can use the same tag previously used in a car and on my m/c in my MH ?

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
although the tag is registered to you is it not also related to the vehicle you registered you would use with it? I seem to recall entering the registration weight and height of my vehicle when I took my tag out and that is how you get charged class 2 as a motorhome?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Agreed I swap my tag between the cars and the camper( let my disabled neighbour use it in his car with no issues) The service charge if I recall is 2 € per month only for the months you use it. I find it invaluable for the time it saves

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I think you will find the charge is dearer for Motorhomes so be careful using it for your car

The toll booths can discriminate between classes of vehicles and so charge the correct amount whichever vehicle you use, so no issue with swapping.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
It is clever:)

Originally (a long time ago...) you could only use the sanef tag on a class 1 vehicle (car) and all the tag lanes had 2m height barriers to make sure you weren't cheating. Now they have put tag toll recognition on all lanes and they automatically sense your height and charge accordingly so you can use it with any class of vehicle. Our latest documentation definitely says you can transfer between vehicles of any type (under 3500kg maybe?) and they even provide two mounts in the pack.

We've regularly used our tag in both our car and camper van and it always seems to get the class right, even though our van is pretty near the 3m height limit for class 2.

However sometimes it takes a long time to decide your height, leaving you feeling very tense with a queue behind you! Also it only ever flashes up the amount charged for a millisecond so you've no idea if it got it right until you check your bill:)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Didn't give any vehicle details for mine and it has worked fine on this trip we tow a trailer as well and you only pay the €6 admin fee for first two months in any 12.

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
I wonder if it can detect a motorbike ? If it can then it would make sense to use it for the bike and moho.

It definitely can. We use our Liber T tag between MH class 2, car class 1 and motorbike class 5 and the invoice always tells us the vehicle used and time, date, distance and which motorway.

One thing when using tag on a motorbike the sensors can take a few seconds to activate the barrier, suppose it depends where on the bike the tag is locaged.

HTH.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think you will find the charge is dearer for Motorhomes so be careful using it for your car

It makes no difference at all.

As people have already posted the tag is registered to you, not to a vehicle. You can use it in any vehicle you like as long as it's detected as one of the supported classes.

The tag itself has no bearing whatsoever on what class the system detects you as. It's a payment method nothing more.

The system will have detected you and decided what class it wants to charge you for long before it detects you have a tag.

If the system detects you as a class that the tag does not support, Class 3 as an example for a Sanef Liber-t, the tag won't work and you'll have to use an alternative payment method.

Clever if true but I am sure when I got mine you register it to what type of vehicle your using.

If you did then you have a different type, not a Sanef Liber-t one.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
They do have a rule that you can only use it in one vehicle at a time i.e. if you're travelling in convoy with someone you can't share the tag.

Why anyone would want to I have no idea but someone must have tried it at some point for there to be the specific rule.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back