Sanef liber-t tag (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hello everyone , is there any chance of anyone posting a picture of where to place the tag if you don't have any shaded area on the windscreen my Benimar is based on a 2015 fiat Ducato it's just would be a lot easier to look at a photo of our more experienced travelers set up then get it wrong at the tolls and cause chaos at the peage ,(y) thanks

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
They only say place it in the mottled area because if you have anti glare coatings or anything like that on your windscreen it can interfere with the signal. It applies more to cars than anything else.

No mottled area means no coating therefore put it wherever you like.

Mine is high up in the centre more or less where a rear view mirror would be and it works fine.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks nick but there is a mottled area but it's full of the rear view mirror casing the instructions say I think say I can stick on the back of the mirror casing but I can't see that working Iam nervous enough about these toll booths without getting it wrong :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Get your Mrs to hold it in her hand and stick it out of the window, if that don't work, get her to wave her arm about.

Just stick the tag on the windscreen ;) :LOL: Sorted innit.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hello @Howard H , they don't seem to be particularly fussy where you put it. We have a left hand drive A class Hymer. The tag is now just slotted at the bottom of the windscreen.
IMG_20160411_132924.jpg
Hope this photo shows it ( just below Hymer info).

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks for the advice everyone will just stick it in the window somewhere near the mirror and hope for the best but if you hear of a motorhome causing chaos in June that will be me :rolleyes:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
In the m/h it is stuck to the windscreen just to the left of the rear view mirror mount.

In the car we just lay it on the dashboard on the left hand side.

Works fine in both positions.

Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Thanks for the advice everyone will just stick it in the window somewhere near the mirror and hope for the best but if you hear of a motorhome causing chaos in June that will be me :rolleyes:
Or us!!! First time for us to France as well in June. First time for a MH in France, Sanef liberte-tag, Aires etc etc. I am sure it will work out though.

Teddyj

Free Member
May 10, 2013
St Neots
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Stuck ours bottom, centre of screen and works every time, but drive slowly up to the barrier.

Ted

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have had our Tag for about eight years.

When it was six yeas old we arrived in France and, at the first toll the barrier failed to rise. I don't know whether it was a fault or a battery issue but SANEF exchanged it at their local office with no quibbles.

For Motorhomers they are great. Prior to having one my wife always found the ticket machine slots were either too high or too low to reach easily from the cab.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We haven't stuck ours on to the windscreen - there is no evidence that we have one until we sail through the gate. We place ours in a plastic bag and put it on the dashboard when we are likely to need it. Some scrotes look for tags to steal as they can be used for quick get aways so we don't show that we have one.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
We just piut ours on the dash too. The Fiat has a couple of shallow trays either side of the map/paper clamp which we place ours in and I always try to remember to put it in the glove box when we leave the vehicle. I wouldn't leave it hanging in the window. Kind of says please take one.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We have a large Ford Transit, so while we have the shaded area in the centre, there is no mirror. We've just stuck it where the mirror would have been. Used ours extensively, think it's failed to work twice in all that time and we did the reverse of shame ! :blusher: That was just glitches in the tolls rather than the card.

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
On the screen behind the mirror is covered with a black patch as well as some shading. If I use the back of the mirror the line of sight will be obstructed. Can I put it on the screen just below the the black patch. I am not related to any pirates living or dead.:cool:

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
just drove down from dunkirk to grenoble. Worked ok at some and had to reverse and creep forward again at others. Wife held it up to the top and lower of windscreen. Used this last year in car and was fine.

lost a lot of confidence in it and adds a bit of tension to a toll but its convienient.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
We are back from France now and found the tag great ,we placed it as instructed in the shaded area near the mirror but found it did not work every time but at one toll booth a French lady reached into our van took it down from its mount and just throw it onto the dash where it still is and it worked every time after that , so I guess that's the best place for it .

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Our new-to-us MH already had a holder welded to the screen, middle top above where a rearview mirror would be. Bibbit bought in 2010 for our car works fine though a tad pricey and there is no problem moving to any other vehicle as and when required.

Our dept does not have many km of toll roads so bibbit is rarely in action - just there when necessary. We pay an extra €1 per month when used so not much standing charge.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Mattyjwr

Have you any evidence of this happening?

Can't imagine why anyone would steal the TAG.

If you found it had been stolen you would cancel it immediately.

Anyone looking for somewhere to rob and then make a quick getaway would also have look for a TAG to steal just before the robbery to make sure it was still current. Too much bother.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I would think its not worth the effort to inch one I've got a job to reach mine in the front so a thief would probably be caught doing it.
Haven't heard of this before?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
@Mattyjwr

Have you any evidence of this happening?

Can't imagine why anyone would steal the TAG.

If you found it had been stolen you would cancel it immediately.

Anyone looking for somewhere to rob and then make a quick getaway would also have look for a TAG to steal just before the robbery to make sure it was still current. Too much bother.

No evidence, just following advice of a French friend.

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
BĂĽrstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
No evidence, just following advice of a French friend.

We've used one for years and had the same advice from folk we knew in France. We never put it on the windscreen and just hold it up at a barrier. Only issue we've had is if we hold it up "the wrong way round". Normally we just keep it in the glove compartment.

Feb 6, 2013
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 680FB
Exp
Since 2012
Hello all, I think I am a bit of a numpty, but I'm going to ask the question anyway, because I am confused.

I recently applied for the liber-t tag, after reading that there is a deal on them at the moment. I filled everything in online and opted for paying by Bank Card. I then received by email some documents to fill in, and return, and these docs requested my full bank details i.e. SWIFT/BIC CODE. Do I still need to give them my Bank details, as well as opting to pay by card?

Thank you

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Our used to be at the top of the windscreen .. it didn't always work so we moved it to the bottom where it is now.. works fine.
20170203_114804.jpg

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The tag will work almost anywhere where it has a clear view through the windscreen. I put mine an many different positions on screen and dash last September and it worked every time. Must a admit as solo with a RHD motorhome its the best thing I have bought. Roy

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
We just piut ours on the dash too. The Fiat has a couple of shallow trays either side of the map/paper clamp which we place ours in and I always try to remember to put it in the glove box when we leave the vehicle. I wouldn't leave it hanging in the window. Kind of says please take one.
that's where the toll booth staff tell you to put it, if it does not work on the windscreen

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Our used to be at the top of the windscreen .. it didn't always work so we moved it to the bottom where it is now.. works fine.View attachment 146542
i am supprised it ever work in that position if that is your overhang,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back