SANEF Liber-T Changes! (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Has anyone else had one of these? It appears that SANEF will no longer accept credit/bank cards for payment of Liber-T transactions. It means we will now be subject to bank exchange rates rather than Halifax Clarity rates.

Sanef0321.jpg

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
Slightly worried by the error reading "in one oh the following countries"

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
If you have a Revolut card/account use that, you can pay like it is a bank transfer.
There is an accompanying form which amongst other things asks for your IBAN no.
This could be a scam
No chance in this case.

By the way, if you do get one don’t do as I did and struggle with the translation. Turn it over and the English version is on the back!🙄

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Wise (previous TransferWise) can also help with this in a similar manner to Revolut. You'll get genuine UK and Euro bank details that can have direct debits. Charges are very low. You get the mid-market rate with a tiny and transparent commision when transferring between balances rather than a "no commission" rate that has a scandalously high spread built in, or worse, a scandalously high spread AND a high commission charge as well. You also get a debit card that allows you to spend Euros in shops/restaurants like a local with no additional charges.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
And Lenny I think Revolut now operate SEPA (Direct Debit in Euro speak), I seem to remember something to that effect.
It is a bank account
There is an accompanying form which amongst other things asks for your IBAN no.
& all are on whichever account you pay from. £,€,$,etc
i changed all my spanish direct debits standing orders etc, to my Revolut account a while back as fed up with the constantly increasing spanish bank charges.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I’ve had a look at Revolt, they seem to charge 50p per transaction after the first one. Are there other charges?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Depends on the level of membership. Explore https://www.revolut.com/ and download the app and explore. Make your own assessments. The exchange rates are far superior to any other retail offering. Many on here use it for buying new motorhomes from Germany as well as a beer in Spain. Your SEPA requirement is a small facet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I'm a great fan of French Autoroutes. I've had my Liber-T tag for years, and used to be a heavy user 12 months of the year on time sensitive trips. Nowadays we probably spend more time on non toll roads, but seeing as we are still time constrained on our trips due to baby sitting commitments, if we're heading south we'll use toll roads. I find them very relaxing, switch on cruise control and sit back. I also think they're not as expensive as it first seems if you take into account improved mpg and less wear and tear.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Depends on the level of membership. Explore https://www.revolut.com/ and download the app and explore. Make your own assessments. The exchange rates are far superior to any other retail offering. Many on here use it for buying new motorhomes from Germany as well as a beer in Spain. Your SEPA requirement is a small facet.
A transaction fee on a MH purchase is one thing, but with a credit card SANEF bill you every time you go through a toll booth, just as if you pay manually. If they do that with direct debits it will soon mount up.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
A transaction fee on a MH purchase is one thing, but with a credit card SANEF bill you every time you go through a toll booth, just as if you pay manually. If they do that with direct debits it will soon mount up.
You are hard to follow. You wanted to deal with the Sanef SEPA (DD) payment requirement. Revolut give you that. For the record I do not pay a transaction fee at all for any charge except if I exceed €400 per calendar month cash withdrawals from ATM's.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have just looked at the Bip & Go website. I suggest you do. You are going in circles, from what I read they are just swapping to DD and will charge your UK bank. Its on a monthly basis. Read it !!

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I have just looked at the Bip & Go website. I suggest you do. You are going in circles, from what I read they are just swapping to DD and will charge your UK bank. Its on a monthly basis. Read it !!
Well I've looked om the website both as a new customer and logged into my account, and I can't see any mention of changing to DD. have you got a link?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back