SANEF - explain this one to me. (1 Viewer)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Our favourite run over the past few years has been over to Calais; slow down to Paris; day or two in Paris; across to Epernay for some regional fizz; back to Calais and then back over to Blighty.
We have had a Matrix for just shy of a year and initially we thought the SANEF token did not work (it was a replacement, we have used them for a few years) but found that sometimes we got through and others we were caught with height.
So in Feb we went Calais -> Epernay -> Paris -> Abbeville -> Calais and were stopped on at least 2 or more occasions. We have just done the same trip in reverse and sailed through every Peage (except the one where a Brit had managed to go into the wrong lane and decide to move across into the '30 no height restriction' lane then tried to get his young son to pay the toll - our SANEF tag worked though).
Now we have limited air suspension on the back wheels (you do not notice any visible change in height if max or min) and I have not adjusted this since Feb but in accordance with Continental advice let some air out the front tyres (4.5 down to 3.75). Always went for '30 no height restriction' lane and knew I was near the height max at just over 3m but this is a bit weird. Poor wife had just perfected her "camping car classe deux etc" :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back