Sandy meet & ciderfest! 11-14 July (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I've had a chat with the site owner and we have agreed a limit for this meet is now set at 36.
If anyone wishes to stay longer that's fine up until the Thursday :thumb:

1. BreweryDave
2. Brisey
3. Concord Pilot
4. Toledo
5. Champers
6. Armytwowheels
7. Teddybard. (EHU)
8. Woodywoodchipper
9. Grasscutter
10. Just Looking
11. Mike & Dawn B
12. Quickweh
13. Musicboy
14. Rs_rob
15. Billthedrill.
16. Jockandrita
17. Madwife/Wyaye wires
18. Pat4neil
19. Cally
20. The Caller (EHU)
21. Icantremember
22. Tonka
23. Ambilkate
24. Mrmotorhome
25. Movan
26. Theonlysue
27. GJH
28. Grumps147
29. Mitzimad
30. Pat1951
31. ShiftZZ
32. Dreckly
33. Soulbuddies (...if they buy a van in time:winky:)
34. Ludo

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Is there :thumb: a Cider Tap in the field? Or, do we have to bring/use the water hog? :Eeek:
It's all right, jonner8888 is bringing a tanker (see previous page).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
& the morning competition is......

Who can create the most rank fart :ROFLMAO:

With a combination of cider & curry that's the ozone over sandy done with. I think morning fog is predicted.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Please put us down for this :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Nice to have a meet local to us - only 95 miles to drive!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I've had a chat with the site owner and we have agreed a limit for this meet is now set at 36.

1. BreweryDave
2. Brisey
3. Concord Pilot
4. Toledo
5. Champers
6. Armytwowheels
7. Teddybard. (EHU)
8. Woodywoodchipper
9. Grasscutter
10. Just Looking
11. Mike & Dawn B
12. Quickweh
13. Musicboy
14. Rs_rob
15. Billthedrill.
16. Jockandrita
17. Madwife/Wyaye wires
18. Pat4neil
19. Cally
20. The Caller (EHU)
21. Icantremember
22. Tonka
23. Ambilkate
24. Mrmotorhome
25. Movan
26. Theonlysue
27. GJH
28. Grumps147
29. Mitzimad
30. Pat1951
31. ShiftZZ
32. Dreckly
34. Ludo
35. jaygee

One place left - after which there will be a 'reserve list' in case anyone drops out:thumb:

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp

1. BreweryDave
2. Brisey
3. Concord Pilot
4. Toledo
5. Champers
6. Armytwowheels
7. Teddybard. (EHU)
8. Woodywoodchipper
9. Grasscutter
10. Just Looking
11. Mike & Dawn B
12. Quickweh
13. Musicboy
14. Rs_rob
15. Billthedrill.
16. Jockandrita
17. Madwife/Wyaye wires
18. Pat4neil
19. Cally
20. The Caller (EHU)
21. Icantremember
22. Tonka
23. Ambilkate
24. Mrmotorhome
25. Movan
26. Theonlysue
27. GJH
28. Grumps147
29. Mitzimad
30. Pat1951
31. ShiftZZ
32. Dreckly
34. Ludo
35. jaygee
36. Signworks

Thats it folks - all places allowed now filled:thumb:

If you are booked as above and can't make it - let me know as I'm sure there'll be a reserve list from here on! First come - first served!

l'll post more information nearer the time, contact details, pub details and the 'deal' I hope to secure:winky: and the phone no. for the Indian which you'd need to book over the weekend if you fancied it! (The Gandhi in Sandy - honest:ROFLMAO:)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just wondering if this meet should be listed in the Upcoming events and also a sticky at the top just to remind folk of the event :thumb:

:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Kath

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Dave,

Click on the calender link on the left hand side. It will bring up the ffun callender, then click add event as a ranged event start to finish etc a little about it and bingo, Bobs your uncle and barbaras your sister:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thanx Paul, you beat me to it :thumb:

Kath

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
l'll post more information nearer the time, contact details, pub details and the 'deal' I hope to secure:winky: and the phone no. for the Indian which you'd need to book over the weekend if you fancied it! (The Gandhi in Sandy - honest:ROFLMAO:)

the-gandhi.jpg

• <address itemprop="address" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/PostalAddress"> 37 High Street
    Sandy SG19 1AG </address>
  • Phone number 01767 680283

Last edited:
OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
That's the place! And the pub is directly next door:thumb:

OK - I'll post a few bits now - as am off to Frenchland on Monday after the Kent show for a couple of weeks, then a bit of the New Forest, then the Dorset Rally - so won't be back at Sandy till the end of June, and won't be online whilst eating frogs and snails:winky:

Tel. no for the Indian is 01767 680283 It does get busy over the weekends so if you want to go there - I suggest you book. The food is 100% fantastic, and the prices are the same as they must have been in the 80's !

The pub (Sir William Peel) will do us some kind of deal/discount, and there will be outdoor food some sessions (although the Indian is next door to the left, and to the right is a very good chippy!) there will be live music late PM/early evenings - TBA! (The pub itself doesn't do food - in fact, none of Sandy's 3 pubs do - someone's missing a trick methinks!)

I would suggest that your 'Funster Badge' will identify you at the Bar for any discount prices - so if you don't have one - PM Jim and I'm sure he'll send you one. Those that have rallied before will have them - just remember to bring them!

There are a couple of beauty/hair/nail type places just along the road - so when I get back I'll approach them to see if they will offer any discount treatments for any of the ladies - who might want a break from cider drinking!:whatthe:

I'll post precise directions/coordinates and anything else I can think of when I return from gallivanting about!:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
clipped..........OK - I'll post a few bits now - as am off to Frenchland on Monday after the Kent show for a couple of weeks, then a bit of the New Forest, then the Dorset Rally - so won't be back at Sandy till the end of June, and won't be online whilst eating frogs and snails:winky:
Have a good break Dave, :thumb: and we'll look forward to hearing from you again, when you get back. :Smile:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Re: The Ghandi in Sandy. Have no desire to put a dampener on proceedings BUT I had the worst curry ever from this establishment in November. Not just my opinion as four of us had take away, I am a veggie the others had various dead animals, all the meals were bad. I was surprised how cheap it was until I tasted it. Now I hope this was the result of a one off bad day or they have separate kitchens for take away. I felt duty bound to inform fellow funsters.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Re: The Ghandi in Sandy. Have no desire to put a dampener on proceedings BUT I had the worst curry ever from this establishment in November. Not just my opinion as four of us had take away, I am a veggie the others had various dead animals, all the meals were bad. I was surprised how cheap it was until I tasted it. Now I hope this was the result of a one off bad day or they have separate kitchens for take away. I felt duty bound to inform fellow funsters.

Thanks Dreckly - I can't comment on what it was like in November as have only been at Sandy since Easter - but can honestly say it's one of the best Indians I've ever had - and all the 'locals' I know agree::bigsmile: (oh - and i go there about once a week!)

Sorry if you went on a bad night:cry:

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I spoke to Sheila and Andy, and he
was looking forward to a Shandy
at the Ghandy in Sandy.
Although I'm more to be sure
inclined to visit the pub next door.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

:Sad: oh well, us veggies usually have good indians .... never mind.:Sad:

Apr 19, 2014
CHESHIRE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
1 YEAR
Cider yum yum

Arggghhhhh cant make it....bloody work
I need to retire

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Re: The Ghandi in Sandy. Have no desire to put a dampener on proceedings BUT I had the worst curry ever from this establishment in November. Not just my opinion as four of us had take away, I am a veggie the others had [HI]various dead animals,[/HI] all the meals were bad. I was surprised how cheap it was until I tasted it. Now I hope this was the result of a one off bad day or they have separate kitchens for take away. I felt duty bound to inform fellow funsters.

Get off the fence whydoncher :Doh: Just cos you are a veggy no call for that !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Thanks Dreckly - I can't comment on what it was like in November as have only been at Sandy since Easter - but can honestly say it's one of the best Indians I've ever had - and all the 'locals' I know agree::bigsmile: (oh - and i go there about once a week!)

Sorry if you went on a bad night:cry:

Point taken Dave. Will give it another go at the meet.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back